“Very nice lodging and restaurant, convenient to Harpers Ferry”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
Mount Holly, New Jersey
“Very nice lodging and restaurant, convenient to Harpers Ferry”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Our stay was very nice. Conveniently located on highway near Harpers Ferry.
Motel desk staff was very pleasant and helpful; restaurant service very good, meal tasty and modestly priced. Room moderately priced.
Room was very nice with 2 beds, lounging chair and fridge,and coffee maker and TV with excellent serv ice. Heat was well controlled, bathroom included jacuzzi tub, hair dryer and heat lamp (which was not needed).
Highly recommend Turf motel; will stay again when in the area.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Somers Point, New Jersey
Reviewed February 4, 2011

We walked in at 4PM needing a room for the night. What we found were friendly and helpful people. The room and bath was excellent. My friend has back problems and we found a tub with a spa in the room (we did not even ask for a spa). After driving for 6 hours soaking in the tub was a great treat for her. The restaurant served very good food, not over priced food and the service was top notch. I can say this is one of the better motels I have stayed at.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelbug101939
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We have stayed at the Turf Motel fairly frequently over the past few years when we come to Charles Town to the casino. The rates are reasonable, but we have NEVER paid the same amount twice. Everytime we stay, whether during the week or the weekend, the rates are different. Our last stay, we were in the old section and someone had a dog tied outside our room and the dog barked the entire time. I am not sure if it is a buiness back there, but someone keep yelling for the dog to shut up.
Avoid the Rib Room and the "free" breakfast at all costs. You would be better off going to the mom and pop restaurant down the road (I believe it is called the Mountain Top Restaurant) for your meals. Nothing against the Turf, but too much hype for a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT! The streak and egg breakfast was really bad and the Rib Room is overpriced for very mediocre food.
Great location. Need to update your prices on the website....very disceiving. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Would probably not stay in old section again......Too creepy.
Why do you pay a basic room rate and then they tack on an additional $10.00 for each person staying in the room. It is only one bed.......how many folks do they think are sleeping there. Crazy.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fshortal1
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I have stopped and eaten at the Restaurant several times and I am always pleased with the CLEAN, White, Cloth, Table coverings. I am soo put off with no table covering or paper place mats. The service was exceptional and polite. Stephanie use her suggestive selling skills to tell us about the "made from scrach" salad dressings. The Blue cheese was the best I have ever eaten. Leila uses the best ingredients and has the right combination to make a simple toss salad into a treat with her dressings.
I had the Spare Ribs on this trip and I was completely taken by the tenderness and taste. They were wonderful. I have had the Prime rib on other trips, and was just as impressed with it.
This is an exceptional restaurant and would tell anyone of merit to put this place on their "Places to Stop" list

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Arlington, VA
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Well considering the main objective when you head to Charles Town is to go to the casino, it is definitely a great location! It has a stunning bronze horse on the crest of the roof above the entrance and is walking distance away from the casino. But they also have a free shuttle bus to take you to and from the casino which is key after you have consumed a couple of adult beverages. Rooms were around $150/night plus an additional $10/person. Now they have a new section and an old section of the motel, make sure you stay in the new section!! The old section is reminiscent of the Bates Motel from Psycho! The rooms in the new section are decent. We had 2 queen size beds, nice size fridge for beer, and a microwave.
Now when we first arrived at the motel and paid for the rooms, the nice old gentleman at the front desk handed us all a certificate for each morning there. He stressed not to lose these small slips of paper or you won’t be able to get the delicious, complimentary “steak and omelette” breakfast in the coveted “Rib Room”!! The complimentary “steak & omelette” breakfast could most closely be likened to a fat laden piece of shoe leather & a cold, pre-formed plastic egg half moon. First off it should be called a “steak OR omelette” breakfast because you have to get one or the other with a side of bacon or sausage. Who the hell gets steak with a side of bacon for breakfast ??? Secondly, it looked like the plastic pieces of play food I see my 3 year old nieces playing with on the plastic little tikes stove! Stay far away from this place! It is a big Rip Off!!! You are better off going to McDonald’s across the street and paying for food. The poorest excuse of a restaurant I have ever been to. Whoever is doing the cooking, or microwaving, does not have a clue what they are doing or does not taste their own cooking. They need to get a new cook or just shut their doors.
All in all I would not mind staying here again. Minus the breakfast experience it was not bad at all. Might spend a little more next time and stay at the Inn at Charles Town which pretty new and right between the Casino and Sheetz! Money!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank philipeknow
Maryland
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I did not stay at the hotel but the Rib Room that is connected to the Motel, isn't an option on here and I want to make sure people know what they're getting into. Being a Rib lover, the name of the restaurant lured us right in. The atmosphere should have given it away. It appeared to be an upscale setting, not what you would expect to see where the focus is tearing up some really good sloppy ribs! In fact, THERE WERE NOT EVEN ANY RIBS ON THE MENU! There was a special on the table. We were starving after a long day of touristing so decided to go ahead and try it out. I had the chix marsala w/cheese tortellini. Okay, I swear the marsala sauce was watered down Heinz Gravy. The torts, were obviously low grade freezer aisle crap and there were six thin slices of chix. What? Are you kidding me?! My husband's food was not good either, and the part where they say homemade mashed potatoes...Homemade right out of the box! The prime rib sandwich, was 90% fat and unless you like gooey smushy jelly fat, it too was awful. My son had the chix parm. All I can say it thank God for Ragu and we ate it. Oh, and the baked potato soup, we took one bite and if we could have spit it out, we would have. All this for only $94.00! The head waiter was kind enough to take $10.00 off the bill. The waitress was okay but she really should have noticed that most of what she brought out, went back. If you are looking for some good food, go somewhere else. I love food and would not hesitate in the least forking out twice that much for some good food, especially on vacation. Sadly, it was terrible and between the bill and the tip, I was out $100.00. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU STAY AWAY FROM THE RIB PLACE.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank kateedidnt
North Carolina
Reviewed January 22, 2010

As a person who has had a great deal of hotel/motel exposure, I was more than impressed with the new portion of Turf. Many of your large scale hotels do not provide some of the perks of this motel. It was very clean and the service was excellent. Staff was friendly from the motel to the restaurant. This was one of my few motel/hotel stays that was not in a nationally known upscale hotel but this would be my choice again.

Sandra-Roanoke Rapids, NC

#1 of 3 in Harpers Ferry
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!