“a great motel”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
tappahannock va
“a great motel”
Reviewed November 3, 2009

My wife and I have stayed at the turf 4 to 5 times a year for the last 5 years. This is the best for the money., The staff is great..We always stay in the new part.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Delaware
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We stayed at this hotel while on a biking trip down the C&O canal. Our original hotel in Harper's Ferry was overbooked due to the 150 year anniversary of John Brown's attempt to take over the Amoury, so they moved us to their sister hotel in Charles Town about 5 miles away. Owing to the circumstances, both hotels did everything they could to accommodate us and take care of us, so this may have been an abnormal experience.

Our rooms were very nice and roomy. Each room had a jacuzzi bathtub, which was much appreciated, since we arrived after cycling for 5 hours in a cold downpour.

The hotel is located next to a racetrack and has slot machines in the basement bar. We located a non-smoking bar upstairs at the back of the hotel, next to the restaurant to congregate. The restaurant area is nice and the food ok. The staff, both at the reception and restaurant were very friendly and helpful.

There is free wi-fi service and free coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2009
Illinois
Reviewed June 6, 2009

I stayed here for one night during Memorial day weekend. Of course when I called I was told only two rooms were left at the place. Of course both were so called suites with two bedrooms, living room ,etc. I ended up booking one of the rooms since it was getting late and I didn't know what else was in the area. Stupid me. I paid $150.00 for ONE PERSON for a two bedroom, very outdated room/suite. The mattress' on all the beds were horrible, like sleeping on an air mattress. The bathroom was so outdated and old. Plastic shower walls,vinyl flooring and a $1.00 showerhead. Old worn carpet. Next time I'll know better. Actually after I booked the room I saw a couple motor lodge motels right down the block available. There is a bar and restaurant on the property. The motel included a free steak breakfast at the restaurant in the morning but I skipped that. The thing that made me mad was the NO VACANCY sign never went on and the parking lot was half empty, meaning that they lied to me about only two rooms left. Avoid this place and look for someplace else to stay. Consider yourself warned.

5 Thank Aerowing
#1 of 3 in Harpers Ferry
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn & Suites

Property: Rodeway Inn & Suites
Address: 741 E Washington Street, Charles Town, WV 25414 (Formerly Turf Motel)
Location: United States > West Virginia > Charles Town
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
Hotel Class:2 star — Rodeway Inn & Suites 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Ctrip TA and Choice Hotels so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Turf Hotel Charles Town