“Absolutely horrible!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
Hopewell, Virginia
“Absolutely horrible!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Room was clean with a slight smell. After getting settle, I hear this noise constantly coming from a bathroom sounds like the jets where left on in the bathroom under me. You could feel the vibration, while standing on the floor. After 40 minutes, I contact the front desk to report it. Try to sleep but couldn't, I called the front desk again 2 hours later, mind you it is now 4:45 AM and she now said, "I can move you to another room". After, moving to the other room, there was a blood stain on the pillow, the pillow was clean, but you could clearly see the stain. I was told to talk with the person on the morning shift, which I did and she told me that the manager would be calling, as of today, I have heard nothing from the manager. I called and was to told to call back between the hours of 9 to 5.

Room Tip: Not sure!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank plj33911

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Herriman, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Okay place to stay. Nice clean room with a jacuzzi tub. Bed was a little to hard for me. I stayed in the main building. Outside rooms seemed colder. I would stay there again. Turf room restaurant was fair for breakfast. Baby back rubs were tasty.

• Stayed October 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'm not sure if this is one room or a class of rooms. Either way I was not necessarily impressed. I was not looking to be impressed because it was an off brand motel - but - I thought I would get something better than this for $150/ night. Actually, I was very disappointed. The square footage was large but the room smelled of roach spray. The bedding was cheap and the mattress thin. We had a little balcony off the back. There was a restaurant and ample parking but I would pay more for the other place - as much as that irks me. There is a bar on site - for mostly locals (so prepare to feel unwelcomed) - a restaurant on site which is not bad - and a shuttle to the casino. The check in and check out people are very lovely. It's a cheaper alternative. Just know what you are getting into.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank clh6262
New Freedom, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed a Thurs & Fri nite at the Turf-when checking in, we asked about AAA or ARP discount & was told it was already applied to the room rate..Coming from Charlestown Casino, on the side of a building was listed a much lower rate, then the $80 per nite we were charged. I called & inquired and was told it was a late nite gambler's special price (did not obtain to us)-So I asked the regular rate for a room & was told $80--When I advised that we just stayed & was charged the $80 per nite rate, but was told rate included the AAA discount at check in--I was told that the computer makes the charges, not the clerk & that the Friday nite rate does not get any discount. I asked about the discount rate for Thurs nite & was told again, the computer makes the charges. After a follow up call, we were finally given the Thursday nite AAA discount--but I wonder how many others don't even check the rates....Besides the room charge issue--we would stay again at the Turf--room was comfortable, shower was WONDERFUL, and the maid service was GREAT.....Bar was a bit loud on Friday nite, but we got our food to go...I would recommend the Turf to others and the shuttle bus to the Casino is an added plus and was the free "breakfast" (just don't expect alot--it's free)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 60SUED60
Emmaus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a non-chain motel with large rooms. It is in a nice area, especially if you want to be next to the Casino (I do not, but at least it was quiet). The beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bern666
SUITLAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I visit this hotel to celebrate my B-day for 2-nights, and I was very surprised by the room size it was huge and very clean. Other than the desk clerk being not as friendly as you would expect her to be. The shower door magnet would not keep the door closed, and the Refrigerator had a leak inside of it that I solved by putting the bathroom trash can in it to catch the leaking water. The Private Balcony and Jaccuzzi was perfect, because we had a non-smoking room, so we just went out on the balcony with the chairs and little table and smoked. Great room for the price I would stay here again with no problem.

Room Tip: If they give you Room-217 make sure you check the shower door to make sure it will close before you...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PRECIOUS0827
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The staff there was very nice and accommodating, and it's a very short walk to the casino if you cut through their backyard (10 minutes or less). Rooms were very nicely kept as well, and noise was not a problem. For the money, I haven't stayed in a nicer place in Charles Town. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
#1 of 3 in Harpers Ferry
4.0 of 5 stars 245 reviews
Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!