“Nice place for Valentine's Day”
Review of Dish - CLOSED

Dish
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Went to Dish for a first date, on Valentine's day (no pressure). You'll want a reservation on the weekend. We were a few minutes early and got seated right away. The place was packed shortly there after.
We were in no hurry and wanted to talk, but the server tried her best to keep us on schedule. They have a nice beer list, I had an oatmeal stout, she had a glass of Riesling.
We started with the Caesar salad with grilled romaine. Very good, great dressing, the grilled romaine was interesting.
We both had steaks. they were cooked to order and the lyonaise potatoes with the ribeye were not as good as the handcut fries drizzled with ranch that came with the sirloin.
Big cup of coffee and crème brulee was a very nice way to finish.
We wound up being there for 2.5 hours. Despite a subtle (and completely appropriate) visit from the manager to see if there was anything else we'd like.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The place was basically empty. We had very slow service.. waited 5 minutes before anyone appeared at all. Seafood chowder extremely fishy. No repeat visit for us.

1  Thank Jennie H
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've had Dish several of times considering I live in the Charles Town area & there's not many good restraunt options to choose in the area. Dish has great food and a great enviorment so that is why I would dine there frequently. However, on two different occasions now (yesterday being the most recent); I have went to Dish & the door was locked and no one was present to open it and they were supposed to be open till 10 pm both days that I went and no one was there. I don't understand why on a Saturday night at 5:15, a restraunt would be closed when there hours show they should still be open. It's a huge hassle looking forward to something and then being dissapointed when the restraunt has all its lights on inside but not letting anyone in? On another note, I also called the restraunt 3 times and noone answered. They need to get on top of their business.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We're new arrivals in Charles Town, and haven't eaten at too many restaurants in our new home town, but we decided to try Dish. Sure glad we did. Dinner was fantastic! Beginning with the appetizer (shrimp & scallop chowder), which had little chunks of pancetta on top. The house salad dressing was superb (I snagged a bit from hubby's plate). As for the entrees: I'm usually somewhat wary of ordering steak (even at some so-called "steak places"); but the rib eye here was perfectly done (medium) and was absolutely scrumptious. Even down to a wee bit of butter on top. The garlic spinach was great; the baby spinach was "fork-tender" (I never knew you could get spinach to be fork tender). But they did it. And when was the last time you had a pork chop that was actually juicy? This one was (again, I coaxed my husband to give me a bit.) And the little touches: Like the little brownie on the after-dinner coffee saucers. Topped off a great meal. We will definitely be going back. It's a must-stop if you're in Charles Town. I haven't eaten lunch there, but I'm sure it is also very good.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Very nice restaurant with great food selections. We dined outside on the back patio which was very pleasant. The service was great and our meals were excellent.