“Great Food, Poor Service!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Great Food, Poor Service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've had Dish several of times considering I live in the Charles Town area & there's not many good restraunt options to choose in the area. Dish has great food and a great enviorment so that is why I would dine there frequently. However, on two different occasions now (yesterday being the most recent); I have went to Dish & the door was locked and no one was present to open it and they were supposed to be open till 10 pm both days that I went and no one was there. I don't understand why on a Saturday night at 5:15, a restraunt would be closed when there hours show they should still be open. It's a huge hassle looking forward to something and then being dissapointed when the restraunt has all its lights on inside but not letting anyone in? On another note, I also called the restraunt 3 times and noone answered. They need to get on top of their business.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Charles Town, West Virginia
“Attention to Detail, and It Shows!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We're new arrivals in Charles Town, and haven't eaten at too many restaurants in our new home town, but we decided to try Dish. Sure glad we did. Dinner was fantastic! Beginning with the appetizer (shrimp & scallop chowder), which had little chunks of pancetta on top. The house salad dressing was superb (I snagged a bit from hubby's plate). As for the entrees: I'm usually somewhat wary of ordering steak (even at some so-called "steak places"); but the rib eye here was perfectly done (medium) and was absolutely scrumptious. Even down to a wee bit of butter on top. The garlic spinach was great; the baby spinach was "fork-tender" (I never knew you could get spinach to be fork tender). But they did it. And when was the last time you had a pork chop that was actually juicy? This one was (again, I coaxed my husband to give me a bit.) And the little touches: Like the little brownie on the after-dinner coffee saucers. Topped off a great meal. We will definitely be going back. It's a must-stop if you're in Charles Town. I haven't eaten lunch there, but I'm sure it is also very good.

• Visited November 2013
Baltimore Maryland
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Very nice restaurant with great food selections. We dined outside on the back patio which was very pleasant. The service was great and our meals were excellent.

Visited September 2013
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
“Terrific Local Food in Charles Town WV”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

DISH is a local restaurant which emphasizes local food products in a menu that is seasonally adjusted. Prices are reasonable, the food is excellent as is the service. A very relaxed atmosphere adds to the enjoyment of dining at DISH.

Visited September 2013
Owings Mills, Maryland
“Lunch at Dish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had lunch at Dish. We had dinner on our first visit, so this was a different experience. Loved the food. I had the Fish & Chips and it was the best I ever had.

• Visited September 2013