“Terrific Local Food in Charles Town WV”
Review of Dish - CLOSED

Dish
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013

DISH is a local restaurant which emphasizes local food products in a menu that is seasonally adjusted. Prices are reasonable, the food is excellent as is the service. A very relaxed atmosphere adds to the enjoyment of dining at DISH.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had lunch at Dish. We had dinner on our first visit, so this was a different experience. Loved the food. I had the Fish & Chips and it was the best I ever had.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We came in for lunch at 1 PM on a Saturday and were immediately taken by the modern furnishings- a nice change from the cliche laden fast food restaurants that line the main street coming off Route 340. Unfortunately, our experience started off with a waitress greeting us with, "Sit wherever you want; I'll get to you when I have a chance." Okay!? Not exactly a greeting that is congruent with the restaurant's trendy and inviting website or the inviting decor. We decided to stick it out anyway and headed to the patio, where we found one empty table that had just been vacated.
Because it was a lovely sunny day, we enjoyed just sitting and chatting, and noticed the harried greeter was the only waitress for about 25 people outside and several more inside. It was clear we were going to have a very leisurely lunch, and we were glad we had no pressing plans.
The wait was certainly worth the excellent hamburger and salad I ordered- in fact, the hamburger was the best hamburger I can recall eating outside my own kitchen: homemade and seemingly made from scratch rather than a preformed patty bought at a warehouse. Absolutely delicious!
It's a shame that this restaurant suffers from a lack of staff. The chef deserves better consideration for his/her efforts, and the patrons deserve better service for the fine food that's served.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I showed up on a gorgeous summer day and was a bit hyped after checking out their web site, "local food". They were out of most of the dishes on the menu, so the options where slim. I went with a burger, average. I'm hoping this was just off day and not a typical day. The waitress was kind and helpful and they have a very nice back patio with gardens.

1  Thank cengland05
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This restaurant was a nice dinner. Menu choices limited but good. Odd that they didn't have several things we asked for- a beer on the menu, milk for coffee, regular tea. Prices reasonable for a nice restaurant. Food did come out a bit too quickly but we were not rushed.