“Tasty and great selection of food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dish - CLOSED

Dish
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Tasty and great selection of food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

The food was tasty and they had good options that were out of the ordinary but still appetizing. Modern decor, very friendly staff.

Visited November 2012

Virginia
“A worm in my salad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Evrything started very well until I saw a big warm in my salad. I had to tell the waitress and I did it very quiet, guess what she said: That's what you get when you eat farm fresh (?????). It doesn't mean it doesn't need to be WASHED. She went to the kitchen and came back saying she could not take it out of my bill because I had eaten almost until the end (??????) - I didn't ask not to pay (although I think it is the minimun they should do - with a BIG apology as well, which never happened). Very disapointed with how they treat customers.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nancy S
Lusby, Maryland
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

This restaurant was a wonderful surprise for the older part of Charles Town. The decor is very hip and the outdoor dining area is romantic. The food selections were too good to pick from so we picked many different things to share just to get a taste. It was reasonable for what you were served and we would highly recommend this restaurant. The service was wonderful for a table of 11 of us.

Visited September 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“There Are Better Places to Dine”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

First, let me say, that I broke my own cardinal rule. I did not check out this restaurant on trip advisor before trying. I should have. It is rated #9 for a reason despite the glowing reviews given by some individuals.

PROS: The waitress was very nice and accommodating. She was attentive and did not rush us through the menu when trying to decide on an entree. Clean. Parking on the street was free.

CONS: $50.00 including tip and tax for two adults. I had the chicken with blueberries. Never before did I eat chewy chicken, but in this case, I did. How do you make chicken chewy? The side of orzo was tasty, though, and that was it. I also had the butternut squash soup. Unlike past tastings in other restaurants, it was not creamy. It had small chunks of squash. The taste was fair. My husband had salmon. It was not wild, but had the texture and coloring of farmed or Atlantic. It was the "special of the day." Price $20.00. There was no appetizer, salad, or rolls offered with the meal. One plate arrived per person (omitting the cup of soup). For $50.00 we left hungry and unhappy and regretting that we took the recommendation given by a local.

The following two nights we ate elsewhere and marveled over the quantity and low prices and chalked up eating at the Dish as a lesson learned. We would not eat there again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Linda Margaret
Maryland
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a nice place on the main drag in town. Was recommended by our B&B staff. Good food, excellent service. Priced right.

Visited August 2012