“Do not skip dessert!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Do not skip dessert!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Date night dinner has to be better than average, or I'll blame the restaurant for wasting my opportunity. This was great! My Camarones d'Aoili was simple and delicious; the husband had done his research & scored big with the kabobs. I was ready to go, but then we heard the dessert list! My tiramisu was rich and not-too-sweet. His "Mediterranean cheesecake" was amazing. Do not expect New York Cheesecake here - it looks more like a Brie, and tastes honey-sweet. Awesome!!

1 Thank MLCD

Berryville, Virginia
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I enjoy different types of ethnic food, and we were delighted to find a terrific Mediterranean restaurant so close to home. They have friendly, prompt service, brought us a starter plate of hummus, pita and a little tomato cucumber salad so we could nibble while we considers the menu. We will come back again soon!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Melissa D
Wash DC
“good kabobs”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Good and clean. Will try the dinner menu next time and enjoy live music on Sat eve. It's nice to see a Mediterranean style restaurant in Charles Town. Amari, the owner seems creative and seeks to enhance his offerings and service. That's good for his patrons, and I look forward to more dishes in the future.

• Visited February 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Unexpected Gem”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

While staying in nearby Harper's Ferry, we went out looking for a place to eat. It was President's Day and most places where closed. We happened upon the cafe and where pleasantly surprised from the moment we walked in the door. We where greeted immediately upon entering, with a booth open we sat immediatley. I barely had time to realize there was live entertainment at the front of the cafe, a solo artist with an acoustical guitar, a very nice touch. We where also surprised when the waiter returned with our drinks, and the standard appetizer of warm pita, olives, goat cheese, hummus, and diced veggies, and a splash of balsamic vinegar, on the house. It's not often you go somewhere that offers anything for free, let alone something that was actually good! The menu has a great variety, they offer whine by the glass or the bottle, and anyone can find something they like on it. I had lamb and steak kabobs, and they where delicious, well priced, and arrived hot and in a timely fashion. One of the two gentlemen working that eveining happened to be the owner. It has been my experience that when you find a place that the owner is willing to put his own work into, you have found a great place. This is very much the case here, after a brief chat, I was impressed by the owners desire to provide the best service and product possible. I commend you, Alfredo, keep up the great work, it shows how much you care about your cafe and the customers that visit.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Carl E
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, United States
“wonderful”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I started to eat at the Mediterranean a few years ago. Wonderful place. I started with the gyro and now I'm moving and experimenting with other cuisines. Right now I am stuck on mediterranean pasta. Alfredo makes me feel very welcomed. He is hilarious. I am in there every week. I love the decor, makes the place feel very exotic. I recommend this place to everyone that come to charles town...2 thumbs up! And a plus... beer and wine by the glass now is being served.

• Visited August 2013