“Great ambiance, great food, Alfredo is amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mediterranean Cafe

The Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #1 of 57 Restaurants in Charles Town
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chester, Maryland
“Great ambiance, great food, Alfredo is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I love this place and I wouldn't change a thing, well perhaps dimmer lighting. The ambiance is hometown and exotic all at once. Alfredo is charming and serves the customers himself. The food is fresh, it is wholesome, delicious and beautifully presented. Prices are reasonable. We were impressed.

Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Great Find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I am disappointed that this place has ben open for 5 years and I never knew about it until a couple of months ago. I have been to this restaurant numerous times since I discovered this place. The food and services is great! There is a wide selection of menu options and everything I have order to date has been great, except for the ceviche. This is not ceviche because the shrimp are cooked and raw as the title states.

It is a definite MUST TRY if you are in the area!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Somewhere
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I knew we were going to be in town so based on the others' tripadvisor reviews, we decided to check this place out. We were not disappointed!
The outside looks very small & deceiving but do not fear!!! We loved it! Alfredo served us himself. He was incredibly nice & funny too. The appetizer- flatbread with hummus & aged cheese was awesome. He kept bringing out more bread for us to finish our hummus. Then we ordered a bottle of wine as well. My husband ordered the three shishkabobs with rice and I ordered the Mediterranean pasta. Wonderful! My husband had lamb, chicken, and steak. He let me try them and the lamb was cooked especially tender and juicy. My pasta was wonderful with sundried tomatoes and olives. Each bite was followed by a little heat from spices used but it wasn't overpowering. I cleaned my plate. Next, my husband got the tiramisu and I ordered baclava. Dessert was just as wonderful.
Overall, I'd definitely visit again if we were in town. I highly recommend this small gem to others!

1 Thank MdKal
Pennsylvania
“Agree - a hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Two friends and I were staying in the Charles Town area for two nights. I found the Mediterranean Café on Trip Advisor and was impressed with the reviews but also the varied menu. All three of us agreed that this was the place to go. it is right in town and located on a corner. Not hard to find. The complimentary appetizer plate was wonderful. Whether you want Mediterranean; Italian; French; Spanish cuisine, Alfredo's offers it all. As others noted, Alfredo is very welcoming and hands on from your arrival to departure and all through the dining experience. The lamb kabobs awesome. Chicken parm was a delightful surprise. The lemoncello cake was delicious. We thought it was a BYO but Alfredo's has recently offered beer and wine. That was fine as a glass of wine was only $4.00 a glass and quite tasty. Nice experience and definitely a hidden bargain/gem.

West Virginia, United States
“Best Chicken Piccata EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We live in Charles Town and this is our favorite place to eat. The hummus is excellent and everything we have tried has been delicious. The chicken piccata is so good that for months I refused to try anything else, although my husband tries something different each time. The ingredients are fresh, the food is great and the service is phenomenal. Alfredo is truly a nice guy and makes sure each person who walks in has an exceptional experience. The decor is comfortable and eclectic. You pretty much have to ignore the outside of almost everything in Charles Town in order to receive a pleasant surprise contained within the old historical buildings, and this is no exception.