“Nice place for a weekday meal out”

Alfredo's Mediterranean Grille & Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Charles Town
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come and take a culinary trip around the Mediterranean Sea when you walk through our doors. We offer Traditional and Modern dining all while sampling foods from Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Lebanon and Morocco.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a family-run, cozy storefront on the main street through Charles Town. We were the only ones there on a Sunday night. The atmosphere is casual so no need to change clothes, put on make-up—just go! It's an interesting mix of options on the menu with Persian, Moroccan, Lebanese, and Italian dishes but it all tastes like comfort food. This isn't gourmet but very tasty and nicely prepared. I hope that our visit was a fluke and that there is usually more activity at dinner time. I really hope this place succeeds!

1  Thank laviajeraliz

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This restaurant was just great. Alfredo is really nice & friendly.
The menu is full of ethnic dining options. This made it difficult to choose from Persian, Italian, Moroccan. Greek, and Spanish. It was the perfect meal. Our innkeepers, Marie & Don from the Carriage Inn, suggested this place and they were right on the money.

1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed August 23, 2013

There are not a ton of options for dining in Charles Town and we decided on The Mediterranean Cafe after chatting with the owner, Alfredo. He is a nice guy and the food was good. The house made cheese cake is fabulous! The signage and decor aren't much but trust me the food was very good! Also nice that you can BYOB without a corkage fee.

1  Thank kentislandwanderers
Reviewed August 5, 2013

While wine tasting in Loudoun county we got pretty hungry. Luckily in the middle of nowhere, USA there is this place. I followed the reviews on here and I'm so glad I did. The service is excellent, the food is so great! I eat Mediterranean in NYC, and this was up there. Not sure why the cuisine is Mediterranean since none of the workers are, but who cares! I love the free pita plate they bring to you. The salad I had was fantastically seasoned. Try the cheesecake with fylo dough, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stopped by Alfredo's Mediterranean Cafe in Charles Town today. Passed it by since it opened years ago. Stupid us. As everyone else says: ignore the hand "painted" sign outside, enter, and be charmed by Alfredo, the decor, and most, the food. We had two different kabobs and both were terrific, as was the pita bread plate brought free right away. Prices are reasonable; food much better than that! And where else would you get a pillow in a booth in case you wanted a little propping. We'll be bringing friends, next time. (I hope no one else has been thrown off by the sign outside: this elegant place deserves a more elegant sign?)

3  Thank MackSandy