“We'd go back in a heartbeat!”

The Mediterranean Grille & Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Charles Town
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“We'd go back in a heartbeat!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This restaurant had so many interesting options! We almost filled up on the free appetizer! It was sooooo delicious. I had a lentil eggplant stew and my husband had the seafood stew. Could have been more seafood in it but the prices were so reasonable.

• Visited September 2012

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, United States
“YUM!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Good food and great service!!! Definitely will be making a return visit. Only falafel in town and delish to boot! This one is going to become one of our favs!

• Visited September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Generally very good food”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

As we had heard, this place has very good food. Our group love the chicken gyro and the lamb kabobs. The only downside was the salmon kabobs. The salmon was quite fishy -- just not high-grade salmon. We loved that, without our asking, the waiter brought out a free appetizer platter for the table -- cucumber and tomato salad, hummus, and pita. Very tasty. All in all a good meal. One final word: The atmosphere could be improved, just ye pulling the curtains away from the windows and adding more overhead lighting. It's very dim and so not very inviting.

• Visited August 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
“Doesn't look like much, but you'll be surprised!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I received a restaurant.com certificate for this place and, after reading reviews, were excited to go. We don't eat a lot of Mediterranean food other than Italian, but only for lack of options where we live. We almost drove right by due to poor signage and were a little skeptical once we entered the restaurant because there were no other customers, and it was after 6 on a Sunday. Our doubts were quickly swept away after receiving our complimentary appetizer and some jokes from Alfredo. The hot pita bread and trio of dips (marinated feta, hummus, and an herb cucumber tomato salad) was really delicious, and I fell in love with the tea - it was like liquid honeysuckle. The menu was diverse, but not overwhelming. There wasn't much creativity in the Italian options, but I figure that's really only there for the less adventurous type anyway - so must be familiar. My husband went with some sort of middle eastern beef dish with basmati and a cucumber yogurt sauce. I asked Alfredo for advice on the Spanish items and took one of his suggestions - the arroz con camarones - a saffron rice with shrimp and more of the yummy cucumber tomato salad. We both were very pleased with our meals. We also opted for dessert - the mediterranean cheesecake - and were SO glad that we had decided to each get a piece. It was seriously one of the best things I've ever eaten, but I really adore honey, and this cheesecake was all about that. We told Alfredo we would be back, and we definitely will be. I can't wait!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Barriely
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
“It has gotten better over the years!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I first ate here 6 or 7 years ago and then it changed owners and now the food is good. I eat their chicken Kabobs about 3 times a month. Recently I was there for dinner and noticed that they were filling up.

Visited July 2012