“Service Above and Beyond”

and 1 more site!
The Inn at Charles Town
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
Reviewed November 11, 2008

Was most impressed with the accomodations and service at The Inn at Charles Town and even more impressed when the service continued after our checking out!

On returning home to Richmond, Virginia, I discovered that I had left the charger for my cell phone in the hotel room. I called to ask if they had found it and was informed that they had, and that they would drop it in the mail for me.

With the following day being Veterans Day, I resigned myself to being phoneless for several days since, like many people today, I have no landline.

I was most pleasantly surprised to return home from an errand today, less than 24 hours after I called, to find my charger sitting on my doorstep, having come via FedEx Overnight.

No question as to where I'll stay in Charles Town from now on!

Kudos to Connie Wilt and The Inn at Charles Town!

Pamela Davis

Stayed: November 2008

Reviewed October 21, 2008

We just returned from a weekend getaway at The Inn at Charles Town. What a delight! We also got the two free epic buffet vouchers when we booked, but at check in, they saw we had our daughter with us, and threw in another one (Total $65 value in vouchers).

We had a jr suite, which was spacious and clean. We appreciated the awesome view of the race track, because you could watch the races in comfort and warmth. My daughter appreciated the TWO huge flat screen TVs that were in our room, and also the enormous shower. All the suites are non-smoking, so that was a plus, as the casino and racetrack were both VERY smoky.

The hotel also offers a full complimentary breakfast (egg, bacon, hash browns, fresh fruit, yogurt, variety of cereal and pastries, etc).

The staff were all very friendly, and the place still had that "New Hotel Smell". The fitness room was small but adequate.

Overall, an excellent experience that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 6, 2008

A friend and I spent the night there for my birthday and went to the races and played some slots. The hotel just opened about 2 weeks prior to our arrival. We got 2 free Epic Buffet (at the Race Track) passes for any meal we wanted as a bonus.

The hotel is nice, very clean and everyone was very friendly. Check in went quickly and smoothly. On the one side of the hotel you had a view of the reace track, but we didn't have a room on that side. We were on the 4th floor which is the top floor. For convienence there are 2 elevators. The rooms are spacious. I am thinking maybe because they are handicap accessible. The bathrooms are huge as well and have a nice glass door shower that's huge. No tubs (and I personally prefer that anyway).

The beds are devine. Not too soft and bouncy and not rock hard, but firm. Comfy comforter and duvet..lots of pillows which I love. Loved the big LCD tv as well.

You get a free hot breakfast, but it's really busy and not much room to sit there was overflow in the lobby and bar area. I would totally skip the eggs though. I mean they weren't even the fake eggs. It was more like tofu with yellow color. Everything else was ok. The food both there and at the Track/Casinos was very mediocre. I mean it looks pretty, and I can be a food snob, but I seriously debated on trading everything for a hot dog. Thank goodness it was free otherwise I would have been pretty pissed.

They also have a shuttle that runs every 30 mins to the track. Please the tip the cute old guy.

The slots....ok to try for a little bit. Had more fun at the track. My friend made a straight bet and the horse lost by a nose hair. It was a true photo finish. I liked Vegas a lot better. This place while it has non smoking areas, is just one big smoke pot. I smoked for 17 yrs and have been smoke free for six years now and boy I woke up feeling like I smoked a pack or two of cigarettes. You have to go through the smoking sectios to get to the Non smoking ones. What's the point?

There is a Sheetz right next door you can walk to. So if you're in the mood for a Krispy Kreme or a fill up it's right there!

But if I go again or need a place to stay in the area..it would be this place.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2008

We just returned from a great weekend at Charlestown. We booked the VIP suite because it was our anniversary. Price was reasonable based on the size of the room and the amenities and the view of the race track is awesome. Only the suites have balconies but there are rooms facing the race track that you could watch from the window. You can sit on the balcony and watch the horses race. The standard rooms are very comparable in price to other hotels in the area. The furnishings are very nice, beds are comfortable, and we did not hear any noise from other guests. The complimentary hot buffet is real good with bacon, eggs, potatoes, as well as standard cereal and continental fare items. Currently, they are giving two free tickets to the Epic Buffet at the casino. The buffet is okay especially if its free but not worth the $20 per person if you're paying--that's our opinion but everyone views buffets differently. We go to Charlestown about 4-6 times a year and will make this our first choice. We booked on line and had no problems-check in was fast. The web site gives you a view of some of the rooms but it doesn't do them justice. The plasma tv's are very nice. The lobby also has a bar area and plasma tv's are everywhere. Have a great time!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charles Town
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
#2 of 3 in Harpers Ferry
Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry

Been to The Inn at Charles Town? Share your experiences!