“Nice, Clean, Convenient to Hollywood Casino with Horse Track Racing View”

and 1 more site!
The Inn at Charles Town
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice, Clean, Convenient to Hollywood Casino with Horse Track Racing View”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This was my second visit to this Hotel and found everything to be very accomodating. During the week, they run a $109 per night rate (as long as there are rooms available) which includes breakfast. Bathrooms are larger with full walk in showers and upscale toiletries. The room was neat and clean throughout.

Rooms to the back of the hotel overlook the horse track which can be fun during race nights or you can simply hop on the FREE shuttle over to the casino and race course (travels every 10-15 minutes on a loop). Several choices for dinner or just drinks in the casino or they do have a lobby bar open on occassion in the afternoon @ the hotel.

There was some slight noise from adjoining rooms but nothing disturbing. Not uncommon in many hotels.

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Rooms located in the back of the hotel overlook the horse track.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank MD Sr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,308 helpful votes
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We have stayed here about 4 times, with the last visit just last week.

Hotel is clean and appears to have been recently updated. Staff at front desk is friendly. They have a small gift shop...soda, newspapers, postcards, candy, etc. Two computers are in the lobby for usage(free). Small exercize room. Washer/dryer for guests(pay). Elevators are SLOW. Rooms have always been clean, bathroom shower is large.(no tub) They now have a fridge and there is a safe in the closet. Room was rather warm on this last visit and dry.

There is a nice bar/lounge in the lobby with a 2-sided fireplace and couches/chairs. TV's are on and they are too loud for our liking. Bartender is just so-so. Not too friendly. They have a comp. breakfast buffet each morning for registered guest from 6:30am -10AM. The food is greasy, mostly microwaved and fattening. There are a couple juices to choose from. Coffee/tea/water. Some fruit...apples, oranges & some granola cereal. Toast, muffins you can make. Tables to eat at or you can go sit in the lobby area at one of the tables(nicer). MANY guests pulling up in their motorized scooters. It appears those guests really enjoy this buffet as well as food in general. Buffet is not for us.

The Hollywood Casino has a free shuttle that hits all the locals hotels, including this one. It's a great way to go back and forth. Drivers are nice...shuttle is clean.

This time our hotel room overlooked the horse track. Even though it was not race season/time, there were many horses with the jockeys running them. It was beautiful to see...I could have watched it all day. I do not endorse horse racing or dog racing, but the animals were just lovely. I hope they are taken care of.

All in all, we had en enjoyable stay. I can recommend this hotel to you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the track. We prefer those.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HawaiiKaiGail
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Nicely appointed decor in rooms. Great, large walk in shower in big bathroom. The room is spotlessly clean. My room, 344, on the back side of the Inn was very quiet. Room looks out onto horse race track, although there were no races on the night I stayed. This could be a big plus or minus depending on your wants. Definitely inqure if you want quiet and darkness.

Shuttle runs to casino. Casino is also nice, and much of it recently renovated and enlarged.
A fun night if you need a break from historical visits in the area.

Prices can be steep on weekends and racng nights so check specials. I consider a senior rate of $98, including breakfast, a steal in this part of the country.

Room Tip: Check for room location vis a vis race track. I have a feeling the very bright lights could be bothe...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Msaly1
SW VA
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed at The Inn at Charles Town December 2nd as a last minute solo birthday getaway. I haven't been to the area since I was a small child and had never been to a casino before, so this was a completely new experience for me. I will review the Casino seperately though.

I checked-in close to midnight and the staff was nice but didn't give me any information except "here's your key and the elevator is that way".... nothing about breakfast or even the casino shuttle. I pretty much knew the basics from my research but I thought it would've been nice for someone to tell guests about breakfast times, the shuttle, etc.

When I booked the room I asked for a track-side room on the top floor available, and that's exactly what I got... the view of the track, even from the third floor, was great. The room itself was a good size (on the large side), very clean, well-furnished and the bed was comfortable. I didn't feel like I was in a cheap budget hotel but I don't feel like the room rates are really justifiable either (I paid $139 a night). I feel like the weekend rate at $189 is just ridiculous. The rate would go down easier if it included some free casino play. I will at least check out some other rooms in the area before I pay those rates again.

After playing till 4:30am I managed to miss breakfast by showing up just before 10:00am--- I knew I would be cutting it close but I was assuming breakfast would be served till 10:30am. Again, it would've been nice to have someone tell you these things when you check-in.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again--- but I will at least shop around to make sure there isn't comparable rooms available for a better rate.

(I noticed a Hampton Inn almost ready to open that may be another option in the near future.)

Room Tip: I really liked the view of the horse track!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank sandbarfly
georgia
Reviewed December 10, 2011

The Inn at Charles Town is a great hotel. I stay here most times when I am at out WVa offices. Plenty of rearruants to choose from and convenient to Washingtin Dulles airport and other Dc area airports. Friendly and professional staff. Always a AAA+ in my book and I am particular.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank irscoll
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed twice at The Inn at Charles Town. We had received a mid-week rate of $39 through the Charles Town Races and Slots. The hotel is a very nice. It is clean. The rooms are well equipped. The bathrooms was large with a big shower, no tub. The hallways were quite, but we could hear toilets flushing.
There is a "free" hot breakfast, with many choices.

There is a shuttle that runs 24/7 to the casino, which is right next door. I don't know what perts they offer for the racetrack. We had a room on the back of the hotel and the horses happened to be running that night. It was fun to watch out of the window. The noise was minimal. In the morning, we watched the horses training. Just a little fun side thing about the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean, friendly place to stay. There are several tourist sites close by. It is not far from Harper's Ferry. There are several restaurants and fast food places and strip malls along the road.

Room Tip: If you are interested in watching the horses, ask for a room on the fourth floor at the back of the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kathy22192
Montoursville. PA
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I recieved a free room offer. We stayed overnight Nov. 6. It is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are large and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice sized and a great shower. The staff was great. The buffet breakfast was included with the room and there were many hot choices and fresh fruit and pastries. We used the shuttle to go back and forth to the casino. It goes from front door to front door. Will go back again. The Epic buffet at the casino was dissapointing. Limited selectons.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry
Bavarian Inn
Bavarian Inn
#1 of 3 in Shepherdstown

Been to The Inn at Charles Town? Share your experiences!