WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
Duncansville, Pennsylvania
“DON'T STAY!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My friends and I went for weekend getaway to the casino,it was late and we pulled up and what a mistake that was.First of all it was 90 dollars ,you had no water to shower with, no lights would work,they have no internet or keno as advertized,the dam tv was so small,then it kept shrinking as u tried to watch it.You were afraid that there were bugs going to be crawling next.The ice bucket was so disgusting,you could not even get ice.Unbelievable how this place can stay open!!!We had to go down the road and book new reservations so we could get cleaned up for the day.Thanks Richard you got a real good dirty business going on there!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pam422

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here before and it wasn't too bad, bad enough but my friend and I got here later and we were tired. To make a long story short, the whole motel/motor lodge was horrible. Drunk people all over. The sign in the lobby said no refunds so we were stuck. The room smelled bad but we thought it was due to ""cleaning products""? Well it was mold. I have allergies. I slept with a sheet over my head so I was able to breath a little plus I took a pill to help me sleep. The bathroom tub water didn't drain. There was black mold all over the tub and shower walls. Couldn't walk shoeless or you would stick to the horrible carpet. Two teeny bars of soap, no shampoo, no hair dryer. The lights were so dim and the moths were beautiful!!!! The beds had ???clean sheets but it doesn't appear that the blanket or spread were changed in 20 years. Holes all over them. I went to the desk to ask for a map of the area and there were no maps or info of anything close by, not even Harpers Ferry. The Casino is across the street and there was no information on it and most of the ''stuff'' was about 1/2 hr. to 45 min. drive. I was told that this place had been there 40 years but it has seen better days. The place need major work, major ....this place needs to be torn down and rebuilt. I am also going to report my health concerns to the Dept. of Health in WVA. I've been home doing my wash and trying to breath right. My bags are outside till I can get bug spray. The value was ok but for what we got it should have been 20.00, from check in to check out we were there 18 hr. Spent 8 at the casino, 2 eating.

Room Tip: Never ever, ever, ever stay here as it is. 6/12.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MissHarley

Travelers are raving about these Charles Town hotels

Hampton, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Great Room for $50.00 bucks very close to casino, clean beds tv work ,shower had very hot water and clean. McDonalds next door if you want a snack. I would stay here again and will recoment to all my friends going to casino or race track. After checking prices at other motels it would be hard to beat this one.4/11/2012

Room Tip: Great room , very clean,good price , Hard to beat.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank 6232Ronnie1
Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

We have stayed here several times because of the convenience from the casino and low rates however this past time I came home and broke out in bed bug bites!!! I've tried calling several times to report this to the manager and they conveniently never answer their phone. Just lost some regular customers. Will NEVER stay again!!!

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kelly1211
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

For an extra 20 bucks, you can stay at the Q Inn up the road a ways! This place was the pits, The place was not clean, the sinks are rusted, and the shower/bath tub is a mess. The only thing keeping this place alive is the casino across the street and folks who don't know better!

Room Tip: For an extra 20 bucks, you can stay at the Q Inn up the road a ways!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hnter64
woodbridge
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Hello to all

I stayed there 2 nights. The don't use a credit card machine to swipe your card you have to write it down. I saw a charge for tunevouchers.com on my statement. I contacted them to warn them . I was advised there was no manager on duty . When I told the lady of the issue and that I needed to know how to contact the manager. She said didnt know when they would be in. When I challenged on her that she said theyd be in tomorrow but she didnt know what time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank m m
Tarpon Springs, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

The carpet is damp and stinks. The bathroom floor, wall, tub, glass tub doors and tub/shower caulking is moldy and stained. Look behind the bathroom door.. ugh. The sheets may be changed but the bedspreads are not... and they are funky and stained. The filter on the ac/heater has never been clened and is spewing out germs, dust and mold. Because it is one of very few accomodations near Charles Town Racino in Charles Town,WV they charge horrible rates... over $125 on weekends! Avoid this scummy nasty place or stay at your own (health) risk.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
#1 of 3 in Harpers Ferry
Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry

Been to Knights Inn Charles Town? Share your experiences!