“Good for a stop”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chapmanville
Toronto, Canada
“Good for a stop”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Good large rooms, clean room and bathroom, good location for atv trails, breakfast okay (waffles, cereals, etc, no eggs or sausages), staff attentive but they were not really busy at all when i was there and watched tv a lot. This is a basic Best Western, reasonable stay with basic restaurant very close by.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
rkveton, General Manager at Best Western Logan Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
I appreciate your time and comments. I will address the front desk issues with my staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Salem, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had a choice between Holiday Inn in Logan and this place, normally having a good experience at Best Western I decided to stay here. I arrived at 8 pm October 14, the counter girl was watching tv in the lounge and I assume got mad because she had to get up. I inquired about a room and she rudely said all we have are doubles and the elevator is "recently not working" The place smelled bad, I had to call back to the desk to get a Wifi password, the ice machine does not work. The bathroom sink has not been cleaned, the shower is dirty. There are no vending machines on the floors, only in the lobby. So the elevator being broke get ready for a hike back down for a drink, better buy two. Next time I am staying at Holiday Inn, these people are rude, ignorant and way behind times. The facility needs work. I stay in a lot of rooms working, lots of different companies, this place is bad

Room Tip: Holiday Inn Logan
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 32Customer
rkveton, General Manager at Best Western Logan Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
32Customer - I apologize for your recent stay with us. I can assure you your experience was not the norm. I would like to address the elevator issue - our elevator was down for two days because the elevator company had to do their preventive maintenance. I do apologize for the experience you had with our front desk staff and can promise you it will not happen again. We are very honored and take great pride in receiving the Director's Award from Best Western International for 13 straight years and thank you for your comments to advise us where we need to improve. I know you have choices as to where to stay and I apologize you were dissatisfied with us. I ask, if you at any time requested to speak to a manager. I would love for you to contact me as you have no profile and I am unable to locate any record of your stay with us. I wish you all the best and safe travels.
Bucyrus, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were in Logan to visit my kids. The room was very clean. The staff gave us extra coffee and all were very nice to us. It made coming home a nice trip. Since I couldn't stay with all the kids. It was a central location. Very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Paul B for your kind remarks. It makes us very proud to read comments such as yours to show the hard work, pride and dedication our team puts in every day is paying off. We will continue to strive to be "The Best Lodging in Logan County"! Thank you again Paul B and we wish you safe travels! Hope to see you again.
Kingston, TN
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Nice place to stay. It was quiet, staff was friendly, breakfast was very nice continental breakfast, modern televisions, and rooms were clean and oversized. There was a pool, but we didn't take time to use it. A Huddle House is right outside. Wal Mart is about 6 miles away and Logan is about 15 miles away so close enough to be convenient.

Room Tip: We had double queens and non smoking. Room also had small frig and microwave.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Candyju - I am glad you were pleased with the service, cleanliness, location and amenities we offer here. As I have stated in other reviews, it does put a smile on our staff's faces to read these kind of reviews. I thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you again in the future. Safe travels!
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Nice clean rooms with a friendly staff. We stay here when we are in town visiting family. Everything in the room was very clean. Has a pool but we didn't swim but it looked clean. Many restaurants are just a few miles up the road and a nice state park is just minutes away. Made the mistake a couple of years ago staying at another hotel close by. Won't make that mistake again. If you want and clean comfortable room this is a great choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
rkveton, General Manager at Best Western Logan Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Rob50559 - Thank you for your kind remarks. We always appreciate getting compliments regarding our efforts in being the only place to stay while in our area. Your comments assure us our hard work and dedication is paying off. We hope to see you again. Safe travels!
Lynchburg, VA
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed for a funeral and was very disappointed. Rooms and the whole hotel smelled bad, location was not good, fitness room was closed up and I had to ask to use it only to find it nasty and smelled even worse!!! Equipment was dirty, no towels or wipes to clean the equipment with, and very hot due to it being next to the pool!!! And all this for a price of over $90 a night...

• Stayed August 2013
rkveton, General Manager at Best Western Logan Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Andrew H - on behalf of Best Western Logan Inn, I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had while staying at our hotel under your circumstances. I wish you would have asked to speak to me so I would have been able to correct the issues you commented about. I can assure you your experience is not a common one, and I do hope you will give us the opportunity to prove it to you in the future.
Washington, Wv
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stay at this motel when I work the area. they have great immenties for a family stay as well. Although it is a rural area, it is close to Hatfield Trail a local state park. A short trip to Logan will give you several shopping and restaurant choices. I was well pleased with my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Larry B
Thank you for your kind remarks Larry B! We know you have options when visiting our area, and we appreciate you choosing us. We hope to see you again in the future! Safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chapmanville
Chief Logan Lodge & Conference Center
#1 of 1 in Comfort
Tug Valley Inn, Inc.
Tug Valley Inn, Inc.
#2 of 3 in Williamson

Been to Best Western Logan Inn? Share your experiences!