“A welcomed stop to a long day on the rode.” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Logan Inn
BEST WESTERN Logan Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chapmanville
Manassas, Virginia
“A welcomed stop to a long day on the rode.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Was shocked, normally my experiences with B/W weren't always the best. We were met with smiling faces and gracious attitudes, we arrived a little earlier than reccomened check in time and were given our room keys and even shown several attractions of the hotel. Rooms were really clean, front desk more than happy and polite when asked questions reguarding local attractions. We had AC, hot bath water and a decent CONTINENTAL breakfast.... Not BUFFET. So if you don't know what Continental means, muffins, donuts, yourt, fresh fruit and some juices. As for going somewhere and low balling them because of an Act of God... You should have left and spent $$$ and time elsewhere instead of brooding for an uncontrolable element that you nor I have any control over and are looking for SOMETHING for NOTHING....Sorry just saying.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Chuck S
rkveton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Logan Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay with us! Your comments put a huge smile on my face, as it did my fellow staff members. We continue to strive to be the BEST and your comments help to let us know we are doing things right. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again when in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We checked in during the wind storm that hit the area at the end June. First night no power. No problem. We were just glad to have a room. The desk clerk who checked us in did a good job under the conditions, he walked us to our rooms with a flashlight. There was no air conditioning but the room was pretty cool due to the storm. The next day we were a little upset they didn't have anything out for breakfast. I understand they had no power but you don't need power to put out fruit, Danish, muffins etc. Anything would have been a plus. They were no restaurants open in the area due to the power outage and ate a donut from a gas station. Came back to the room that night and we had lights, no air and no water. Sleeping that night was almost impossible due to no air and not being able to open the windows. A flashlight I carry in my car. I guess I will have to start traveling with a fan. They had no control over these outages but none of the staff once asked us if there was something they could do for us or something they could help us with. Some of the oter guests took buckets of water to their room to put in the toilet to flush it but we are physically unable to do that. I think I would have been a little more understanding if the staff had actually acted as if they cared about their guests. I have sent an email to the company and will not stay at another best western if we are charged full price for the two rooms we booked. Mother nature was the cause of the problems in the hotel but the staff at this hotel has a lot to be desired.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at BEST WESTERN Logan Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
I would like to personally apologize for your experience while staying with us through the storm. I am in no way justifying the way you feel you were treated but that was a crazy weekend and we are still dealing with over 30,000 people just in our area still without power. We were planning to evacuate the hotel, but quickly found out our guests had no where to go as there were over 350K people without power in WV and another 200k+ in VA. I was here throughout the whole weekend and wish you would have asked to speak to me at some point during your stay. We would have been more than happy to try to help you had we known. By reading our other reviews, you can see we go above and beyond in customer service and again I do apologize for your experience and do hope you will give us the opportunity to prove this to you.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Very pleased with my first visit, that is the reason for my second visit and I will stay again when in the area. My room was spotless, the cleanest room that I have ever stayed in. The best maid service in the U.S. I just cant say enough good things about the staff. I would recommend this Best Western to my very best friends. Thank you for a very good visit.

Room Tip: If you are traveling on route 119 through logan county W.VA. and a room for a night or a week, you c...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Traveler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I can't remember exactly what it was with the tax but it was around $100.
This is a nice property but to be honest...when you're only going to be in a room for about maybe 10-12 hours $100 is just too much.
They have all the amenities one would expect in a room for this price. The rooms were quite clean and the furnishings et al were quite nice as well.
The breakfast was OK also.
They have an indoor pool and fitness center here too.
I would have no problem recommending this property for most types of travelers but I am getting sick and tired of overpaying for rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Ozcfied
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We arrived very late at night - phoned ahead the the desk clerk was friendly and held his last room for us. Best Westerns tend to be nice - and this one does the chain proud. Very clean, well laid out, plenty of space in the room and the usual amenities - refrigerator, microwave and such. Didn't have time for the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Andy W
rkveton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Logan Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on TripAdvisor. We do value your comments and are happy that we were able to meet your expectations. We do hope you will visit us again when your travels take you through our area. Safe travels!

Randy Kveton, CHO
pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. There was an indoor pool, however we did not use it. The only thing that I was disappointed in with this hotel was that the room didn't have enough outlets. Half of the lights were unplugged because there were no outlets available for the tv, microwave, fridge, ect...We didn't have an outlet to charge our cell phones.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay with us. We do appreciate your positive comments and can assure you it is our mission to Lead the Industry in Superior Customer Care! I do apologize there were not enough outlets in your room and we have been working on this issue. I hope the next time you stay with us you will be able to leave feedback there were to many outlets in the room. Safe travels!

Randy Kveton, CHO
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

The room was the cleanest I have ever stayed in and I do a lot of traveling. All the employees went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. I especially found Margaret and Herb to go out of their way to make my stay pleasent and cheerful. Next time I am in Chapmanville for business or pleasure I will be staying at the Best Western Logan Inn.

• Liked — the friendly employees
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rusty_shackford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chapmanville
Chief Logan Lodge & Conference Center
No photo provided
Mountain Trail Inn
#1 of 1 in West Logan
3.0 of 5 stars 5 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Logan Inn? Share your experiences!