You don't post reviews that include profanity, threats or personal insults. Well, you would not be able to communicate with the owners of his facility. My family had a misunderstanding about the use of the pool. We returned from dinner, and went to use the pool about 9:30 pm. The pool gate was open, the lights around the pool were on (the pool does not have underwater lights), there were no pool hours posted, and music was playing over the stereo, so we assumed it was ok to swim. The owner came to the pool and started yelling at us for being in the water. Then he continued to yell and curse as he followed us to the cabin. One of the swimmers in the pool was actually a relative of a registered guest that had stopped by after dinner. When the owner found out that this swimmer was not a "registered" guest, he proceeded to order that relative, his mother, sister and grandfather off the premises.
Then my mother and sister tried to explain that the four "unregistered" guests were not staying the night, they had only stopped by to visit after dinner. The owner continued to argue, yell and curse our family because we were in violation of the resort "rules".
The rules did clearly state no guests were allowed at the cabins, however, we thought this meant no overnight guests. We did not realize that we were not allowed to have a visitor at the cabin. So, we were wrong, but the owner of the facility certainly made no attempt to courteously explain the situation, and ask our visitors to leave. Instead he repeatedly used profanity, yelled and insulted us.
I'd advise anyone wanting to relax in this area to stay away from this facility. At check out, we were told never to return to their business. They really don't need to worry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort property starts out with Smoke Hole Caverns, the brand new gift shop, the main office, and our log motel being located on the same property. As you travel 2 miles north you will see separated the Smoke Hole Log Cabin Resort area and the Smoke Hole Cottage area. Both groups of cabins our located on their private properties and offer a simply gorgeous rural retreat to the Appalachian Mountains. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Smoke Hole Caverns & Log Cabin Hotel Seneca Rocks
- Smoke Hole Caverns And Log Cabin Resort
- Smoke Hole Family Log Hotel
- Smoke Hole Family Log Motel