The SmokeHole cabins are beautiful but if you like animals it may not be for you. The owners dogs are kept in terrible conditions and it ruined our vacation time there. Most of the dogs didn't have water but the fell that did had putrid water. Their feces were piled over a foot high in the tiny cages that four were kept in. The other four were on short chains and only one had a doghouse, the others had to seek shelter under old tractors. Everything else there is so beautiful that it was a shame to see the dogs like that, otherwise I would have gone back for future vacations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort property starts out with Smoke Hole Caverns, the brand new gift shop, the main office, and our log motel being located on the same property. As you travel 2 miles north you will see separated the Smoke Hole Log Cabin Resort area and the Smoke Hole Cottage area. Both groups of cabins our located on their private properties and offer a simply gorgeous rural retreat to the Appalachian Mountains. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Smoke Hole Caverns & Log Cabin Hotel Seneca Rocks
- Smoke Hole Caverns And Log Cabin Resort
- Smoke Hole Family Log Hotel
- Smoke Hole Family Log Motel