We stayed 2 nights in the Round House. The propery sits in a beautiful location. We were told that the property was river-front, but we were disappointed that we could not easily walk to the river - two horses in a fenced in meadow blocked our path with no easy way around. The cabin was very dated - old tv, dusty lamps, dusty blinds, wallpaper peeling, and the bathroom had mold and a gross shower. There is also no phone, no internet, and no cell phone service. We were told ahead of time that the property had well water, but the water made the whole house smell. We have well water at home, but this water really had a bad odor. On a positive note, the area is beautiful, especially when the leaves are changing. The main gift shop is beautiful and we really enjoyed the tour of the caverns and the gem mining. We will more than likely return next year, but we will try another accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort property starts out with Smoke Hole Caverns, the brand new gift shop, the main office, and our log motel being located on the same property. As you travel 2 miles north you will see separated the Smoke Hole Log Cabin Resort area and the Smoke Hole Cottage area. Both groups of cabins our located on their private properties and offer a simply gorgeous rural retreat to the Appalachian Mountains. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Smoke Hole Caverns & Log Cabin Hotel Seneca Rocks
- Smoke Hole Caverns And Log Cabin Resort
- Smoke Hole Family Log Hotel
- Smoke Hole Family Log Motel