Agree with clean and friendly. They are not offering to sell you the mattress, unlike some higher end chains, but it's also unlikely they would sell any. Cabins are cute and functional, with porches front and back overlooking well maintained grounds and some impressive rock outcroppings.
Internet offered, but at the speed of dial up. Local dining options are very limited. Mallots a subject of a shout out by another reviewer was as simple and uninteresting as any local restaurant I have encountered and I'm a small town diner lover.
Great area for scenery, fishing and hiking, not dining.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort property starts out with Smoke Hole Caverns, the brand new gift shop, the main office, and our log motel being located on the same property. As you travel 2 miles north you will see separated the Smoke Hole Log Cabin Resort area and the Smoke Hole Cottage area. Both groups of cabins our located on their private properties and offer a simply gorgeous rural retreat to the Appalachian Mountains. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Smoke Hole Caverns & Log Cabin Hotel Seneca Rocks
- Smoke Hole Caverns And Log Cabin Resort
- Smoke Hole Family Log Hotel
- Smoke Hole Family Log Motel