With my line of work, I am placed in a city usually for 3 months. I lived in Petersburg West Virginia from April, 2007-June 2007. Due to the rural area, my company placed me to live on Jerry Hedricks property. He put me in a very run down trailer house that I believe had been in the Potomac River flood! During the 2 months there, Jerry was constantly coming around, usually around 9 or 10 at night. He made me very uncomfortable with his maneurisms. The last weekend I was there, the air conditioner broke. The temperature reached 92 degrees in the house. I tried calling several times and yet it never got fixed. At one point, I spoke with my company and they called him so he finally placed me in one of his cabins after being very rude over the phone. I had a cat with me so I left her in the cabin so she didn't have to be in the heated house. When I came home after a day at work, rather than call me or have the guests wait, he locked my cat up and let the guests start to move in. I first went over to the trailer house and someone had left the door wide open and all of my stuff thrown in the front door. I had a computer, printer, digital camera, etc in there that could have been stolen. Fortunately after this day, I was able to get out of there and find a safer more comfortable place my last month there. I have stayed in several states and never have I been treated this way. The town of Petersburg is the greatest most loving town I have ever been too. So I will never hold my miserable living arrangements against it! If you are traveling for several months or just several days, I would NEVER recommend staying at Smoke Hole Log Cabins/Cottages or the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort property starts out with Smoke Hole Caverns, the brand new gift shop, the main office, and our log motel being located on the same property. As you travel 2 miles north you will see separated the Smoke Hole Log Cabin Resort area and the Smoke Hole Cottage area. Both groups of cabins our located on their private properties and offer a simply gorgeous rural retreat to the Appalachian Mountains. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Smoke Hole Caverns & Log Cabin Hotel Seneca Rocks
- Smoke Hole Caverns And Log Cabin Resort
- Smoke Hole Family Log Hotel
- Smoke Hole Family Log Motel