“Amazing getaway”

North Fork Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Cabins B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I went to North Fork Inn for our honeymoon. It was our first BnB experience, and we are happy to say, we are now BnBers for life. Upon arriving, we saw a herd of white tail deer. The atmosphere was perfect for a couple just looking to relax. The rooms exceeded our expectations, and were all very comfortable. Carol was a fantastic inn keeper, and accommodated our needs. We found out that Ed typically cooks for the Inn and was away, but we were very impressed with the Carol's cooking. We liked the food so much, we took home several recipes. We enjoyed lounging in the main area, relaxing in the hot tub, sitting next to the fireplace, sitting out on the patio reading, and knowing that we could hike around if we wanted to. We were able to book massages, and were completely impressed by the set up for one of the most healing massages either of us have had. We have since recommended this BnB to all our friends and family.

Room Tip: We would recommend a room on the main level with a fireplace.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsey P

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My fiancée and I stayed at this wonderful place over the weekend for our one year anniversary. Carol did an amazing job at making us feel relaxed and well taken care of. The atmosphere was such a nice change from the city and we were fortunate enough to stay with other guests who were sociable, making dinner both nights a real treat as we shared stories while eating some great home cooking. Our room had a fireplace, so, it was nice and toasty and the whole space was just really lovely. The game room downstairs had a pool table and various other games for post-hiking/night time fun. I honestly didn't want to leave and we will absolutely be going back (hopefully Ed will be there next time). Thank you Carol for helping to make our anniversary one that we will never forget.

Room Tip: I read a review prior to staying at the inn saying that the walls are thin, but I didn't really...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney M
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Allie was the inn keeper while Ed and Carol were away, she was awsome, very accommodating even got our own special table for a great anniversary dinner, she gave us great tips on places to go, very organized and alot of responsibilty she handled wonderfully, the rooms were very nice and very clean and very quiet, we are planning on going back in the fall and taking our daughter and staying in one of the cabins. The weather was very cold and snowy but did play pool, enjoyed talking to other guests and just all around great experience!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beth p
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Ed & Carol are great hosts. Food is good, accommodations are really nice and comfortable. Great gathering place, wonderful views. I highly recommend for a quiet getaway! Log cabins are very homey with lots of books to read, and games to play, including a pool table .Hiking trails start right from the lodge. There is also a hot tub on the deck.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013

After reading reviews on this site and going through the Inn's website, I thought I had a good idea of what to expect. Yes, it is off the beaten path, and yes, the driveway can be difficult to summit if the weather isn't great. However, everything else was just as advertised, if not better. We took advantage of almost everything the Inn had to offer--hiking trails, board games, a great fireplace with a view, great rooms (rustic, but not too rustic), and a wonderful staff that made us feel comfortable and welcome at every turn. I was impressed by the staff's friendly nature and professionalism--I watched them handle a particularly difficult guest (not me, I promise!) with more tact than I could have summoned. Overall, we had a great visit at North Fork Mountain Inn and would definitely consider returning for another stay in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Eagle's Nest--it has a great balcony and view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The inn is lovely and has beautiful views. It is very off the beaten path and is a long way from any community. We ate dinner there both nights since going anywhere else seemed a long drive and there did not seem to be many other options anyway. Ed is a better than average home cook but not a gourmet chef. The dinners were good but nothing special. If we went to a friend's house and had the dinners served, we would think they were very nice but not fine dining. Our room was good size and nicely decorated but would agree with other reviewers that the soundproofing is minimal. We could hear the couple talking in the room next door.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place is amazing! I came here with my husband for a quick getaway from stresses of the holidays and work. Man, was it worth it. Let me start with the hospitality, we were greeted by Ali who showed us around and grabbed us a bottle of wine to relax. Anything you want, they will help. Need a massage? They have a masseuse. Want to go on a hike? There is a trail head up to the most beautiful spot on North Fork right behind you. Want to go star gazing? There is a telescope to see the billions of stars in the sky. Want to soak in a hot tub after a long day of hiking? They have that too! Need a packed lunch? They will make you one. Can't have meat for breakfast or dinner? They have delicious options,

The food is delicious too. Ed make pork that would melt in your mouth the first night and Carol made an amazing raspberry cobbler the second night. Ali made the fluffiest pancakes I have ever had on our last morning there.

The atmosphere is warm, welcoming, and amazing. I literally felt at home.

My only warning is about the driveway. If snowy or icy, park at the bottom of the driveway and have someone from the inn pick you up. The driveway is not salted or sanded, so drive or walk down at your own risk. Walk in the snow for a safer route.

I left this place feeling completely relaxed and sad to leave. I would highly suggest coming here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cabin Mountain Room. The room is a bit hot so close the register to stop the air.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Megan O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabins
Canaan Valley Resort
Lost Forest Bed & Breakfast
Lost River Bed & Breakfast
Lost River Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 3 in Lost River

Been to North Fork Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!