“Amazing Amazing Amazing”

Harman's Luxury Log Cabins
Crofton, MD
“Amazing Amazing Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

My boyfriend took me here as a surprise getaway for my birthday. Best. Surprise. Ever!
The cabins were clean and cozy, the grounds were beautiful, the hiking trails were enough to keep us busy, and the people were just a friendly and helpful as they could be! Definately a great great place to stay!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

What a beautiful location. I couldn't believe how many brown, brook and rainbow trout my husband was catching along the private stream in front of the cabin! Great value. The kitchen was well stocked, the rooms and bathroom were clean. No cell service (a good thing!) but great wifi if needed. An all-around GREAT family vacation spot. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Red Bank, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

The property is immaculate and the location is one of natural wonder. Our cabin (#4) had a hot tub on the porch, a charcoal grill out back and a jacuzzi inside. Full satellite TV and DSL WiFi was also included. On a trip where we paid more for major brands in bigger cities, this was the cleanest, best equipped room we had! I can't say enough about it.

One note - there are a lot of rules, and at first that concerned me. Don't be concerned. These are clearly owners that love their property and want guests to respect it. The rules are common sense and probably account for how quiet and peaceful it is there.

They get my 100% full recommendation.

• Stayed June 2010
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

We recently stayed in cabin #11 (Brown Trout). These cabins are located in a beautiful valley with great mountain views and a river just feet from the cabins. You could easily spend the whole day just hiking through the trails located on the property. Also a trout fishermans dream with over a mile of stocked stream. In addition, the grounds are very well maintained and the people at the front desk were helpful and polite.
As for the cabin, our was built in 2001 but could have easily been brand new. Not the least bit run down and very clean. Nice kitchen appliances,furniture,gas fireplace,sat tv,juccuzi tub. I can't say enough about our stay.
The only advice I would offer is bring food and plan on cooking because the restaraunt selection in the nearby towns is pretty slim. There is a foodland though, and the cabin kitchens are fully supplied w/ pots pans, silverware etc.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
lancaster PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2009

These were the nicest people, and the most well kept property i've seen in a very long time. Very reasonable rates, Beautiful creek and mountains. The Cabins were not just cheap cabins slapped up to make money.. These were well built real log cabins. I would recommend this place to anyone.. We will definetely be back! Hot tubs were awesome!

• Liked — The Cabins
  • Stayed January 2008
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2008

I stayed at Harman's this summer for a few days to do some fly fishing and just relax. The setting is amazing. For those of you not familiar with West Virginia it has some spectacular landscape and Harman's is right in the middle of it. The cabins were very comfortable and very clean. All the amenities you could need for a few days of "roughing it". Even the hot-tub was spotless and was a welcome retreat after 10-12 hours on the river.

The fishing was excellent and great for my ego. The Harman's stretch is well stocked, well managed and well cared for. For a small period of time I consistently pulled in several fish that were 12 - 14". I even had the pleasure of fishing for an hour or so with one of the owners who gave me the run-down on how they manage the river. Great stuff.

Zero complaints and all praise. Great setting, comfortable, and clean. I will certainly go back!

• Liked — Comfortable
  • Disliked — My particular cabin's proximity to the highway
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
Fairmont, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2008

Intro: Luxury Log Cabins are located on the banks of a private trophy trout stream, the North Fork of the South Branch of the Potomac River. These riverside log cabins have a spectacular view twice featured in Wonderful West Virginia Magazine.

Hello,
I stayed in Cabin 5 the night of Feb 16, 2008 and
just wanted to tell you what a joy it was. The cabin
was amazingly beautiful and well equipped. The
cabins' locations are breathtaking and tranquil. The
staff that I spoke with on the phone to set up and
confirm the reservation were helpful and polite. The
staff that I spoke with when I went to check in was
equally accommodating and reflected well on the
business. I couldn't believe how nice everything and
everyone was. I guess I am just too used to the usual
impersonal process of acquiring a place to stay just
to get a roof over my head. My only regret is that I
wasn't able to stay longer and enjoy the surroundings
more on my visit. I'll change that this summer
hopefully and get to revisit the cabins. What a great experience.

The cabin had an open floor plan with a jacuzzi in one corner of the room, a kitchen in the opposing corner, a queen size bed, fireplace, and a full covered front porch. All within 50 feet of a stocked portion of the Potomac River. Absolutely beautiful with a rock formation I believe to be called Shelby's Rocks. I was there for a friend's wedding and it couldn't have been in a more beautiful spot. All for around $105 a night.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Things to do in the area for the time of year it was.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank stevequest2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabins
Canaan Valley Resort
Windwood Fly-in Resort
Canaan Village Inn
Canaan Village Inn
#1 of 7 in Davis

Been to Harman's Luxury Log Cabins? Share your experiences!