“Fun Stay at the Centennial!!”
Review of Centennial Motel

Centennial Motel
Centennial Motel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Buckhannon
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My Friend and I were on the hunt for treasures during Buckhannon, West Virginia's Largest Yardsale weekend.
Very friendly Morning & Afternoon Staff! Was very helpful and gave us silverware to use when a Nearby Restaurant forgot to put in our to go order..showed us where the Ice machine was..Gave us Fresh coffee..great Continental Breakfast of Fresh Fruits and Sweet goodies..
Room was Very Clean!! Air condition was Awesome!! Beds was Very Soft and Comfortable!!Would definitley stay again!!
Thank you staff!!
Thank you Debbie!!!:)

Room Tip: Even though were were right next to the lobby and the Main road...It was a Very Quiet night!!! So Re...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank carmen56

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stopped to see if they had a room. Everything was booked. The girl working the front desk called the Baxa for us. They had one room left. After we checked in she called again to see if we made it. I thought that was very sweet of her to do.

Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed October 31, 2011

When we phoned for reservations we let thm know that my wife and I and our two sons would be arriving quite late (around midnight or so) and were told that it wouldn't be a problem. They were right ... when we rolled in just before midnight and after driving for 7 hours, we were greeted with a friendly smile and courteous service. We were given the keys to our room and invited to the "pub" next door for a drink. The rooms were a great size and extremely clean.

The motel is located within walking distance of both the downtown area and the Walmart Supercenter. Also located in the vicinity are several fastfood restaurants, a donut shop, drug stores, and several antique stores.

When I went to check out, I told the lady at the front desk that I found everyone who worked at the motel to be very friendly and helpful. Her reply was "Friendly and clean - that's all you need!" I couldn't agree more ... the reasonable rates didn't hurt any either.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank trentgrad905
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I was in town for business and every room in a forty mile radius was sold out. I had gone to college locally and had always seen the place, but had never been in the place. I am normally skeptical of little motels like this, but it had good reviews and I needed a place to stay. The room, with two double beds, cost me around $75--pretty cheap anymore for a decent room. I walked in to find a nicely appointed room. The furniture is a bit dated, but the beds were great and the bathroom was recently renovated. I wanted to not like the place (as I said, I am typically skeptical of little center court motels). I searched the entire room for dirt and could not find any. I even ran my finger along the top of the air conditioner and found not a speck! As a business traveler, I really appreciated the wireless internet, which was faster than that of the Hampton Inn across town. There is a little bar next to the lobby. Although I did not go in, it did seem like a nice little "Cheers" kind of place. The hotel is in walking distance to the shops downtown. If I am ever back in Buckhannon on business, or pleasure, I will stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank wvfamily2005
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We decided to stay here based on the previous 2 reviews and were glad we did. The location is excellent - just a short drive to Main St. The room was HUGE and spotless. The bathroom was adorable and right out of the 50s with blue tiles, a blue tub, and a blue sink - but again, everything was very clean! We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hmj1986
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We were out for a high school reunion, and this place looked good. The previous reviewer got it all right. The place is clean, the folks that run it are really nice, the beds are comfortable, everything is pretty much perfect.

The little pub is really funny. I told the guy at the desk that I wanted to get a few bottles of beer, he told me to go to the next door. I went in, and he appeared behind a counter and got me two Buds out of a fridge. It's a great little feature, and a safe way to have a few beers in the evening.

It's toward the high end for an older motel, price-wise (we paid about $65), but it's worth every penny. Don't bother with the chains in Buckhannon, this is a very safe bet.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank roadtripperMaryland
Reviewed January 25, 2008

From the outside the Centennial Motel is a typical center court motel, the type I normally pass up as a business traveller, but I was looking for an economical alternative to the only chain hotel in town and was too tired to drive back out to the interstate. Upon entering my room I was quite surprised at the spacious room and to see that it was recently renovated with all new furniture, carpet, beddings, and sporting fresh paint.

The rooms feature two double beds, a microwave and refrigerator, dresser, TV and a new AC/heater unit. The room also has a table with two chairs, and still has plenty of floor space. The bathroom is very clean, also renovated with the rest of the room; the shower has great water pressure and plenty of hot water.

The motel is also home to the Centennial Pub, two rooms converted into a little pub next to the front office. The desk staff was friendly, and the cleaning staff didn't just make the bed and change the towels, they actually cleaned the room every day! That is why upon entering the room it not only looks clean, but feels clean.

The only amenity missing was an iron and board in the room but they have a few available in the managers office you can request for your visit. An added bonus they offer the business traveler is a decent complimentary wireless internet connection.

I can't recommend this hotel more for business travelers, those visiting the college or just passing through.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank purple_gorillaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckhannon
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Weston
Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge

Been to Centennial Motel? Share your experiences!