WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Buckhannon
virginia
“Will Stay Agian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

CUTE place! Very old timey and comfty. The owner has super hospitality. The room was extra clean and the bed felt great. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. I have no cons about the place at all. We travel in West Virginia often and will be staying here again for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mommajd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

By far, this is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in. My family and I have stayed here many times over the past 15 years. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, with massages and a spa, keep on trucking.... If you are looking for a down home, welcoming kind of place, this is your place. The owners are fantastic people and they always come and talk to you about how you have been since your last visit. They know us by name when we walk in. Once, when we got in late, the lovely elderly lady who worked the front desk told us to call home immediately, because a tornado had just hit our neighboring town in CO. In this day and age, people are out to make money. While these guys are making a living, they make sure they are making friends at the same time.

Room Tip: We had a local gentleman who would sing "Soul Man" when he went to the ice machine!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Danielle W
Sheboygan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel previously and have always been very satisfied. While making a recent reservation were told that our medical service dog was not allowed. When the discussion occurred that this was protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, we were treated rudely and informed that "we won" because we used the "discrimination" word when explaining the Act. We were simply explaining our rights under the Act because not all businesses are familiar with it.. "You won, you won!" He repeatedly said. We have stayed at MANY hotels that are not "pet friendly" including 5 star hotels, and because our dog is a medically necessary service dog, she has stayed with us everywhere we have stayed and has even flown with us. She goes everywhere my wife goes, no different than if she required a wheelchair. The treatment we received when trying to reserve a room for 2 days was completely unacceptable and clearly IS "discrimination".

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bethsepiphany
Garland, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

My son and I were travelling to Buckhannon for a baseball camp and after calling both the Baxa and the Bicentennial, I chose the Baxa - they seemed so much nicer on the phone than the staff at the Bicentennial. What a FANTASTIC choice! The staff was wonderful, the room was great (it included a microwave and refrigerator), the bathroom was larger than I expected with beautiful tile and the soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion smelled wonderful! We'll definitely stay here again the next time we're in town - which will probably be in August, 2013 as our son has decided to attend WVWC in the fall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sandyville, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Baxa is not a chain motel; it is family owned and operated and has been in the same family for many years. I loved staying there and will be staying again this week. I had tried to find a room in weston without success; someone suggested the Baxa and I was really surprised at what a nice place it was. It's not big-motel fancy--it's homey. The room was clean and comfortable and it was clear that maintenance is a high priority. Center of town location is a nice change from rooms by the highway and all the traffic noise. The trains did not bother me; I grew up with tracks near our home. The staff was courteous as could be, and the lobby was lovely. I even got a handwritten thank-you card after my stay! How many big chains do that? I have recommended the Baxa to everyone I know and will always stay there when I need a room in central WV. Thanks, Baxa!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Susanna H
Nice, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We arrived late and the receptionist was friendly and helpful letting us know about bars and breakfast, none of it more than 3 minutes walk away.

The room was large, warm and clean, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was nice, with a good selection of nice soaps. It's not the Hilton but it's a very nice motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tadzik
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I were in town for our friends band playing nearby. We checked out a few other hotels before deciding on this one and if was a great choice! The staff was excellent! They were so friendly and went completely out of their way to help us with a few difficult requests, which they delivered. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. We had a microwave and a mini fridge that even had a separate door for a freezer. The TVs were very nice too with great picture. I would only stay here when traveling to the area. Overall, this place is very affordable, comfortable and has fantastic staff that goes out of their way to ensure your satisfaction.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Rubble1234
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckhannon
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Weston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weston

Been to Baxa Inn? Share your experiences!