“Very disappointed!”

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
VA Beach, VA
“Very disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We are from VA Beach, VA but live on the Buckhannon river part time. The maragritas were very disappointing. I asked for a top shelf frozen maragrita and it tasted like frozen ice water with a hint of lime. Absolutely no tequia detected. My husband ordered a jumbo on the rocks and sadly no hint of tequila or flavor. Salsa was good but no white dip available plus they charge for extra chips. We have never been to a Mexican restaurant where you paid for extra chips. My soft beef tacos were not bad and my husband's taquitos were average but not served with guac as we are used to in VA. We will not go back. If the margaritas were good we would probably give it a second chance. I would recommend finding a more authentic margarita recipe. The Mexican restaurant in Weston makes FABULOUS drinks, you might want to check with them.

• Visited August 2014

Buckhannon, West Virginia
“Great service and great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is the place that I go to when I treat friends and family to a meal. I always seem to get the same section and waiter and he is really good. I always leave him a generous tip because he works really hard and is attentive and polite. I hope they keep him for quite a while. The food is always fresh and tastes so good. I love the decor also. The one in Ripley is bland and the staff not nearly as good. The Las Trancas in Buckhannon is the best one I have found!

• Visited March 2014
Garland, TX
“Great Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place is great! We had dinner on a Sunday evening, the place was starting to fill up, but had no trouble getting a table. They immediately got our drink order and then brought out the chips and salsa. Not three minutes after we ordered, our food was brought out! Everything looked and tasted wonderful! I'm used to the Tex-Mex restaurants in Texas (On the Border, El Fenix, El Chico, etc.), but this was great! The cheese was a different type than that used at On the Border and we had one who didn't care for it, but everyone else cleaned their plates! Will definitely stop in again!!

Visited October 2013
Cumbaya, Ecuador
“Never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

How is it possible for Mexican food to have zero taste? Their location in Clarksburg is amazing - but this one is bland and terrible. Save your self a bad lunch and go to Don Paco's just two block South near the 7-11. You will get a much better quality meal.

3 Thank Iris_Jeremy_McGowan