“hidden restuarant”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Weston, West Virginia
“hidden restuarant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

This little restaurants is hidden back the woods. Very cute. Has a small bar inside but its still good for kids. The food is very good. I had the ribs some of the best I've had.

Visited July 2014

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“UGH Worst Hamburger Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Had read all of the reviews and was hoping for a great fresh home cooked burger. Did not happen or even close. Ordered a Black and Blue Hamburger and the description said Blue Cheese & Bacon. Well what I for was a cold hamburger bun, a pre-cooked hamburger patty, a piece of round bacon (not even crisp) and a drounding of bottled blue cheese dressing. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing or hit the cook on a bad night BUT I won't be back.

PS my wife ate 2 bites and pushed her burger away.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank FalseCast
Ashland, Kentucky
“Hillbilly gem ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

A little hard to find - Stonecoal road is narrow and off larger Brushy Fork Road- about five miles from Buckhannon, but worth it. The decor is definitely rustic, stuffed and mounted animals with picnic tables but the beer is cold, the staff is friendly and the burgers are big. This place was packed with families on a Sunday afternoon and had a very fun vibe. The huge porch area was empty (because of the cold?) but I bet it's packed during the warm months. Burgers were good although my bacon and blue burger came out missing the bacon. (My sisters crab cakes were slightly burnt too). Food was a fairly good value and the staff was friendly. (Again, giving us directions over the phone before we arrived). Will visit again.

Elkins, West Virginia
“Unexpected treasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Found out about this place by word of mouth, far off the beaten path...not where you would expect to find a restaurant! Have been there a few times, steaks are amazing, with generous sides included! The "Hillbilly Burger" includes chopped steak on top of the beef patty...yum! I understand their Sunrise Burger, with fried egg, is a favorite of athletes from nearby WV Wesleyan College. The decor includes deer heads and rustic tables with old gun stocks for legs! Relaxed atmosphere, ample portions of good comfort food, friendly staff and nightly steak specials...what's not to love? Will be back soon!

• Visited June 2013
West Virginia
“Back again...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Hillbilly grill never disappoints. This time by recommendation, I tried the chicken fried steak. I have to say, it was to die for. Combined with fresh mash potatoes, and a pile of corn you have a slam dunk! I can eat, and the wife & I are Chefs, so we know food. I was FULL! Wash it down with sweet tea, and it is time for a nap! Thanks guys, see you again in a few weeks! I will take pictures next time!

• Visited November 2013