“Very nice stay & great customer service during wind storm” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Buckhannon
Clinton, Mississippi
“Very nice stay & great customer service during wind storm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

My team and I recently stayed at the Microtel while we were helping with the restoration efforts after the devastating wind storm that swept through the Ohio Valley. As you can only imagine, it was very difficult to find lodging, but Crystal Marple went above and beyond to accomodate our group. Not only that, Crystal and her family were directly affected by the storm, and even dealing with that, she was extremely courteous and helpful to us. This was my first time to work in West Virginia and it was a very pleasant experience and I can speak for my team as well....Crystal's graciousness made an impact on us and her actions convey the attitude of the folks in this part of the country. I hope to visit Buckhannon again...under different circumstances of course and hope to cross paths with Crystal again. Thanks again for all you did to accomodate and make our stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. The hotel was very clean, beds were very comfortable...I could go on and on. I would highlty recommend this hotel. Ask for Crystal Marple!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager43731, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Steven,

Thankyou very much for taking the time to let people know about your personal experience here at our hotel. Yes, you saw and felt what every single staff menber sets out to deliver to you and each one of our guests.....Exceptional,personalized guest service.....Genuine, caring employees who really do care about our guests. Crystal is no exception to this rule, her devotion and caring spirit is very apparent in all she does here at the hotel. We are a team that stands together and knows what we have to do to deliver the level of service you, our valuable guest deserves. It makes me feel all fuzzy inside when I hear about your personal experience, that even though circumstances werent the best around us we were able to still, even without electricity deliver that high level of customer care you so deserved. You and your crew are welcome here anytime and we so hope we get to show you even BETTER guest service, "with" electrcity and no State of Emergency.....You were a pleasure to have and look forward to your next visit! If you need any assistance please do call us at 304-460-2525 or my cell at 304-614-8776.

Buckhannon,WV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Buckhannon, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

It was great. The bed was comfortable. Usually I can't sleep through the night at a hotel because of the bed but sleep just fine all night long. Everything was great room cool, clean. You couldn't ask for a better place to stay. Would of been nice if the price was a little cheaper but you get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager43731, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
It was a pleasure to have you and to hear that you slept well! We are constantly getting guests that comment about our comfortable beds. Microtel sets a high standard and has the dreamwell bedding package in every room and that makes for a dreamy nights sleep which you found out first hand. One thing I have learned is that you DO get what you pay for and its definately worth knowing you will be in a clean,cool comfortable room. Now that you have experienced the difference I hope we will be your choice for all your future stays. Thank-you for choosing us and we would love to have you back soon! If I can be of any assistence please contact me direct at 304-460-2525 or 304-614-8776.

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were staying there to go over to Elkins to ride the dinner train. It is an immaculate place to stay. The staff could not be nicer, the breakfast was good and we enjoyed our short stay immensely. If we had stayed more that on night I think a suite would have worked better. Speaking of working, everything in the room worked. They had a real coffee pot to not one of those miserable one cup things. We will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager43731, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
It's such a great feeling to know you make a difference and that your guest notices the important stuff....Like the room is clean, maintained and things work as they should. It's truely a wonderful delight to log in a respond to all the wonderful responses from you, our most valuable guest.Our management company, Sky Hospitality,gives us the tools that helps us take care of our guests properly and lets them know they ARE the most important thing to us...We dont take our guest service lightly....YOU are what makes us successful....And you take care of your guests...afterall they have chosen you out of all the hotels around us....What an honor! Thankyou and we look forward to your next stay!! Please contact me direct if I can assist you in any way at 304-460-2525 or my personal cell 304-614-8776 day or night.

Again, Thankyou!!

Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham-Buckhannon,WV
Kent, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had to travel to Elkins, WV, emergently for a family funeral. There were no hotels available in Elkins, so we booked this Microtel based on the trusted tripadvisor reviews. We were pleasantly surprised! The staff was gracious and check-in and out was expedient. The room and accommodations were first class. The staff was very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was more than most hotels offer and the in-room microwave and refrigerator was unexpected but certainly an added plus!

Our stay was perfect. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a short or long-term stay in the Elkins-Buckhannon, WV area.

Room Tip: We love a king-size bed. Microtel's was so comfortable, it was better than home!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager43731, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to tell our visitors about your experience at our hotel. I am saddened that we met under these circumstances but pleased we made your stay as good as it could be in the midst of loosing your family member.In life emergencies arise that we didnt expect nor plan for financially, thats why we have special rates for funerals and extended illnesses....You are already suffering a loss, we want to help ease the stress as much as possible. Your words made me smile cause once again I could feel how we impacted your stay even in the middle of a sad time for you and your family. It's my hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future for a pleasant visit.If I can assist you at all please call me at 304-460-2525 or my cell phone 304-614-8776.I hope this finds you and your family well, I'm so very sorry for your loss,

Thankyou,

Rydal, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We attended a family reunion recently in Buckhannon and rented a room at the Microtel. We chose it because of location and reasonable price. What we got was great value and a truly friendly and helpful staff. Robyn Lee Abraham is to be congratulated on the people she has working there. Each person we dealt with from desk staff through to room service did whatever was necessary to make us feel right at home - this just augmented our family reunion tremendously. The rooms and service in general were as good as any reasonable person woudl want. The availability of the staff - their willingness to help - their overall attitude made me feel like they were a part of our family reunion. We have recommended the Microtel to others in our family and will definitely stay there again when we visit Buckhannon.

Room Tip: If you need advice on restaurants in the area ask the staff. Our favorite is Michohacan.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was such a pleasure to have you! Your whole family was such a delight to serve and we are looking forward to your reunion in 2013. It warms my heart to hear that my staff made you feel so welcome and that we were part of your family reunion....what a wonderful compliment.Reviews like yours warms my heart.My staff and I believe that YOU are our most valuable asset and you are the reason we are here, and we want to take such good care of you that you wouldnt even consider going anywhere else when you are in Buckhannon WV....It's truely and honor that you have chosen us to care for your family...."YOUR"most valuable asset....and we take that responsibility serious.

If I can assist you in anyway please contact me direct at 304-460-2525 or my personal cell 304-614-8776.

Thanks again

Harvest, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We had the great fortune to be in the Buckhannon motel when the storm on June 29th,2012 knocked out power everywhere. We had a really nice, clean room on the 3rd floor that quickly became very hot without power. The staff that worked there were so apologetic but managed to get a generator into the breakfast area so we could have coffee and muffins in the morning. We were over whelmed with their hospitality which made for a great experience in spite of the heat. We will definitely make them our hotel of choice when we return!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On June 29th the state of West Virginia was hit by a major storm system that put over 800,000 without electric and placed us in a state of Emergency. Our primary goal was to care for our guests who were here for the weekend and bascially couldnt leave unless they had enough gas to get them out of WV. With the help of our owners, Mark and Tracy Cunningham and Eric and Jennifer Fluke we were able to run a generator in the lobby that enabled us to serve breakfast and keep our guests cool. Needless to say everyone was so understanding and thanked us for trying to make them comfortable. To give you an idea of the atmosphere in our lobby we had a couple tables with children playing Candyland and having snacks, a guy playing guitar with a small group of people listening as he sang and people just relaxing and getting to know their neighbors. On day 3 part of our town got electric back so our owners brought pizza to everyone in the hotel.I must say it was a wonderful experience as our guests made it a very worthwhile experience....they were the most important thing....to meet all their needs to the best of our abilty considering out limited resources at hand.

What i can say is that I am never amazed at how people join together in times of hardship....Our hotel and our guests joined together and walked through this experience with smiles on our faces even though at times it was stressful. Im truely blessed to have such an amazing staff and to have had a wonderful group of guests who enriched us through this experience.

It was truely a pleasure to have you and I look forward to serving you and delivering exceptional guest you so deserve.

Lakeshore, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night on June 29, 2012. We had booked on line based on the great reviews. Check in was fast and staff was very friendly. We were given complimentary water and chips at the desk. It was very hot and sunny out and we had our motorcycle. There was no shade yet so they suggested I park under the front awning which I thought was nice. We got to our room and it was awesome. Its was huge. It had a half wall seperating the bed from the living area. There was a wet bar with stools, fridge and microwave. There was a 2 person desk and TV in the living area and another in the bedroom. Free wifi too. The hotel is quite new and is spotless....super clean. We were pleasantly surprised by how great everything was. At about 7:30pm the storm and tornado hit! Thankfully my bike was still under the awning! We watched from our window and the storm was powerful. The tornado touched down only 5 miles away. The power went out and stayed out. No electricity, wifi, A/C, phones. The next mornng we found out there was no power to 90% of the state......and we needed gas to be on our way. Gas pumps weren't working and we needed to head north to PA where the storm didn't hit. Crystal Lynn the a/mgr of the hotel was fantastic. She even offered to give us some of her own gas from home to help. She was helpful in providing information about where we should go. We anded up heading north to a gas station she suggested abot 30 minutes north and we got gas. We headed to PA and left WV behind, This hotel was a huge bright spot during the storm. My highest recommendation!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Amazing guests!! That's all I have to say !! We just love what we do....Thats serving you. I'm truely blessed to have such a wonderful staff who truely love their jobs....I am never surprised by the hospitality they extend to you, our most valuable guest. It does not surprise me at all to hear Crystal (my AGM) offered you gas out of her own vehichle...shes very devoted to her guests as are all of our employees. Our goal to to meet ever need you may have, sometimes they could be a little unusual but with our state being hit by horrible storms and being in a State of Emergency my staff pulled together as a team to do whatever was needed to help our guests. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay even in the midst of our electric being out....800,000 in WV went for up to a week without electric.Thankyou for being so understanding and for recognizing the efforts my staff made to meet all your needs. It was a pleasure to have you and we look forward to your next visit. If I can do anything at all to assist you please do contact me direct at 304-460-2525 or my personal cell 304-614-8776.

Robyn,Crystal and the Staff
Microtel Inn by Wyndham
Buckhannon,WV
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckhannon
Hampton Inn Buckhannon
Isaac Jackson Hotel
Isaac Jackson Hotel
#2 of 8 in Elkins
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon? Share your experiences!