“Caring staff stand out at this new Microtel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Buckhannon
Auckland, New Zealand
“Caring staff stand out at this new Microtel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

We arrived much later than we intended (due to a car breakdown), and immediately our situation was attended to - adding an extra night till we got a hire car, providing take out menus for places that deliver (we recommend the China Wok on E. Main St), and offering us a lift into town if we needed it. The manager (Robyn Lee) was very efficient and helpful, our room was clean, the beds were very comfortable and quiet, and the breakfast was excellent, offering both hot and cold options. We were 2 adults, 2 kids and a baby, and we all fitted easily into a 2 queen room with fridge and microwave. The common areas provided good space for our family meals and to play cards while waiting for our hire car!

Room Tip: Our room had a microwave and fridge - very useful when travelling with an infant.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager43731, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Good Morning,

I am so happy that we helped make your stay better during a this rough time.I offered you a ride because thats who we are.....We serve all of our guests needs, we not only want to take care of your lodging needs but we want to reach out and meet any other needs you may have .As I told you I have 6 children and remember a time when we broke down in New Kensington PA, had very little cash and hungry kids so I know how firsthand how it feels to have your car break down with children.
It was truely a pleasure to have you at our hotel and I look forward to seeing you on your next stay, and this time for a happy occasion like fishing with your children, taking a train ride in Elkins or perhaps visiting the Strawberry festival? I can assure you any of these activities will make a wonderful memory for your family.Please do contact me direct at 304-460-2525 or my cell at 304-614-8776 if I can be of any assistance for you and your family.

Have a wonderful day and thankyou for choosing us.....You are our most valued guest.

Robyn,Crystal and Staff
Microtel Inn and Suites-Buckhannon WV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Walkertown, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

My family and I were in Buckhannon over the weekend (Friday, March 30 - April 1) and stayed at the Microtel. From the moment we arrived, everyone was super nice and welcoming. We originally booked a 2 queen bed room. I was traveling with a baby so I also needed a pack in play. I will say the room I was originally given was going to be a crowded place with the pack in play so I asked if there was a bigger room, perhaps a suite where we could move to. Had we had not needed the pack in play, the room would have been fine. The manager (I didnt get her name) quickly got the issue resloved and moved us into a handicap suite on the 2nd floor Room 206. It was a single bed king suite, with a fold down couch. Plenty of room for the 4 of us with the pack in play. VERY clean! Very comfortable. Flat screen tvs and wifi access in the rooms. Elevators are super fast. Washer and Dryer located on the 2nd floor for guest use. Breakfast was served every morning. Juice and Coffee was available all day. I could not be happier that I chose this place to stay. I will certainly return here next time I am in Buckhannon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager43731, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Mrs.Manley,

My name is Robyn. Im so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I remember you very well as I was the one (GM)who took you up to our Handicapped room since all our suites were occupied. I'm always very pleased to know that we made a positive impact on your stay, as this is our primary goal. We not only want to provide a clean,comfortable room but one that fits your needs and in your case your families size. I can certainly relate to that as I am a mother of six children and know the challenges of traveling with young ones. It was a pleasure to have you and look very forward to having you visit again.I might add there are many great family oriented activities that you and your family could enjoy on your next visit.....From Railroad tours to the Strawberry Festival in May to camping/fishing all summer and fall to the Forest Festival in Elkins every Fall. We hope to see you again real soon and if you will call ahead direct we can have the perfect room for you and your family ready.

If I can be of any assistance please do call me at 304-460-2525 or my cell 304-614-8776 and I will be happy to serve you.

Thanks again,

Robyn,Crystal and Staff of the Microtel Inn and Suites-Buckhannon WV
Charleston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Robin, Krystal and staff were very good. They were very welcoming and made my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager43731, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Good Morning,

Thankyou sooo much for taking the time to let our future guests know about your stay with us. We are constantly striving to make a difference, to deliver a "wow" experience to each and every guest that walks through our doors. Guest service is something we take very serious, you are who we serve......our most valuable guest that chose us to take care of you....and I thankyou for allowing us to do so. Our committment to you is to deliver exceptional service on every level and Im so pleased we made your stay enjoyable and look forward to serving you in the future.

If I can be of any assistance to you please do call me at 304-460-2525 or my personal cell 304-614-8776

Robyn,Crystal and Staff
Microtel Inn and Suites-Buckhannon,WV
Calabogie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Clean, pleasant staff, good value. I always stay there when in Buckhannon.

1 Thank Steve C
GeneralManager43731, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Good day to you.....I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us....Getting feedback from you, our valued guest , is the ultimate reward for my staff and I.We are setting out to exceed your expectatons, to leave with you a memorable impression that will bring you back to us.....your home away from home while you travel. We look forward to serving you for all your future vists and again....Thank "YOU" for choosing us....it was an honor to serve you.If i can assist you with any travel needs please do call me direct at 304-460-2525 or my personal cell 304-614-8776....We are here 24 hours a day to serve our guests lodging needs.

Robyn,Crystal and the Staff
Microtel Inn and Suites-Buckhannon WV
Williamsburg, VA USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

From the moment we met the receptionist until checkout the next day, everything about this place spells success. Every staff member we met was very friendly. The hotel was sparkling and shining in its newness. The room was picture-perfect and spotless. Everything in the hotel was spotless. And the breakfast buffet was beautiful, including sausage gravy and biscuits, fresh fruit, pancakes and waffles, breads including bagels and muffins, eggs both boiled and scrambled, breakfast meats, yogurts, juices, coffees and teas. It's in a quiet and safe location, with lots of grass areas for dog-walking. It felt like being with family.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the hotel, I'm sure.
Good day to you....
I am soooo very pleased you had an Exceptional stay with us! It's our goal to wow you, to deliver a Positive,Memorable Impression. Our guests are very important to us, afterall, without you where would we be? Meeting all your needs across the board is what we are striving to acheive, Sometimes its not just providing a comfortable,clean room.....It's about connecting with each guest,helping you to have a great stay while you are visiting our town and Letting you know we want you to feel at home while you are here. We dont just want your buisness, we want to earn your buisness.My staff loves serving our guests, and I'm so pleased that it shows.

It was a pleasure to have you and we look forward to future stays with us. If I can help you in any way, please do call me at 304-460-2525 or my personal cell 304-614-8776 .

Have a Great day!

Robyn,Crystal and Staff of Microtel Inn and Suites, Buckhannon WV.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Wife and I stayed here for the weekend for a convenient place to stay while going to Snowshoe Ski Resort. The hotel was great. The lobby was beautiful and our room was nice and clean. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms but they used the space wonderfully and we were very comfortable. We arrived late at night, and before bed I went and asked( what I thought was a stupid question) for some milk. "Oh yeah, there's a milk machine" Awesome. The staff was very friendly and helpful and again, the place was nice, updated, and clean. I would definitely recommend Microtel Buckhannon to anyone passing through there. I know I will be looking for another one for our next trip.

Room Tip: Even the very small room was far, far better than your average hotel room at a competitor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager43731, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Good afternoon!

Thank-you so very much taking the time to tell people about your recent stay. It's so rewarding to know we made an impact on your weekend away with your wife.We set out to exceed your expectations and to make you feel at home....Afterall,most of us have milk at home, Right? Milk does a body good < Big Smile>

We are very pleased we left you with a positive, memorable impression. It certainly was a pleasure to have you and now that you have found us we hope you will take many more getaways.If we have availability I would love to upgrade you to enjoy one of our larger rooms. Please feel free to call in advance and ask for myself(Robyn) or Crystal,my Assistant Manager and we will be happy to assist you.
Again, thankyou and we look forward to seeing you and your wife again soon....

Robyn,Crystal and Staff of Microtel Inn and Suites,Buckhannon WV
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

Just wanted to let everyone know that this motel is wonderful. I travel a lot and stay in a lot of different cities,and i have found this motel to be a great getaway for me and the plus side is the friendly staff. They treat you like you are in a five star resort. For people looking for skiing you are probably only an hour away. Trout fishing is incredible within 45 minutes but Im not going into detail there.(Fisherman wil understand) All in all a very reasonable priced and brand new facility. Very good free breakfast too.If you are needing to be anywhere near Buckhannon I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager43731, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank-you sooo very much for letting people know about your recent stay with us. When I read your review it made me smile from my heart, because what you described is EXACTLY how we want you to feel. We strive to leave a "Positive", memorable impression with each and every guest and it warms my heart to know we succeeded in delivering exceptional guest service to you.We really DO enjoy interacting with you and helping you have the best stay possible.
As for your comments the Trout fishing.....You arent kidding!! The Trout fishing is AWESOME!
I fished about 10 times this past fall and will be out there fishing early spring again! The Bass fishing is great too!!So, to all you Fisherman....come to Buckhannon WV and fish some of the most beautiful streams you have ever fished, and after a great day of fishing we will have your room ready for you so you can dream about the big ones you're gonna catch the next day!

Again, thank-you for telling people about us, We know you have so many choices in lodging and we are honored that you chose us and look forward to all your future stays.

Robyn, Crystal and the Staff of the Microtel Inn and Suites, Buckhannon WV
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckhannon
Hampton Inn Buckhannon
Isaac Jackson Hotel
Isaac Jackson Hotel
#2 of 8 in Elkins
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon? Share your experiences!