“No major problems”

Hampton Inn Buckhannon
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Buckhannon
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay that this Hampton Inn. It is located just a couple minutes' drive from Downtown Buckhannon along US Rte. 33. My room was clean, and I found the bed very comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly, even when I had a little "accident" with my room key. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting West Virginia Wesleyan College because it's only a couple miles away. It's also significantly cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express in nearby Elkins.

There is only one restaurant, The Huddle House, within walking distance of this hotel. However, there is a Walmart two miles down Rte. 33 heading east where you'll find a Subway, Arby's, Sheetz, and I believe a couple other fast food restaurants where you can grab dinner.

Although I enjoyed my stay overall, I am only giving this hotel a 4 instead of a 5 because I was disappointed by the workout facilities. The workout room was very small and only had one treadmill, one stationary bike, and one elliptical all close together in a tiny room. I didn't feel comfortable working out in such close proximity to other people. The pool was also quite small, but I'm not a swimmer, so that didn't affect my opinion of this hotel at all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I get to Buckhannon every few years and the Hampton Inn is my pick every time. The place is clean, staff is very happy and helpful. As a Hilton Diamond they give the points and the water/snack items. I have also gotten upgraded to a suite the past few times at this hotel. Not sure if it is b/c I'm Diamond or I have been at this hotel many times over the past 10 years. It really feels like you are a personal guest of the staff, they call you by name, help and do what every they can to make your stay special. If in Buckhannon stay here hands down.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dcl80
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I had been working in the field for 10 days and was starting to run out of clean clothes and the owner let me wash my clothes in their housekeeping laundry room for free. I didn't even ask, they offered. I will always try to stay here when in Buckhannon.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Kyle F
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was super helpful and friendly. Lobby and breakfast area are attractive. Many good choices for breakfast including fresh fruit and some hot choices. Overall a very pleasant stay. We'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TIM S
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton because we had a WV Wesleyan visit scheduled for the following day. The rooms were comfortable and the breakfast was better than average. There were also an exercise room and a pool but we didn't have time to use them. Overall it was a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Say-Wen
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My husband travels for his job and spends alot of time at hotels. Not all are nice. I tagged along with him on this trip and must let everyone know this Hampton Inn is WONDERFUL!!! Everything was very clean, spotless, the bed was the most comfortable one I have slept in, all the staff that we encountered were very professional yet friendly and willing to help out with anything. We had a smoking room and we dont smoke inside but just wanted to let everyone know that if thats the only room available book it, there was no smell what so ever in the room, it was very fresh. We both are looking forward to the next trip to the area and plan to use only this hotel. GREAT JOB LADIES!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ernest M
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I was looking for accommodation near Buckhannon in September, while driving through West Virginia, and ended up staying one night at the Hampton Inn.
This has been one of the most positive experiences in a hotel stay ever! The hotel was very clean, the staff at the front desk and in the dining area were all extremely helpful, polite and very friendly. Fantastic food for breakfast and fresh-baked cookies as well as a huge variety of breakfast cereals, juices, bread, cones and muffins and even more. Internet access was available via FREE WiFi in the hotel room and also via a computer in the hotel lobby.
The room was excellent, very clean and the bed and linen were top!!!! The bathroom spotless clean and being an AAA-member I even got a special rate and ended up in a two-kingsize-bed room just for me! Great service and I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Coriace
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckhannon
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg
Isaac Jackson Hotel
Isaac Jackson Hotel
#1 of 8 in Elkins

Been to Hampton Inn Buckhannon? Share your experiences!