“Very Pleased”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Hamilton, Canada
“Very Pleased”
Reviewed February 5, 2010

We stayed here on a one night stopover on the way south. The price was good. The room was small, but adequate for our purposes. The glass mirrors behind the bed and bright lights you could turn on if wanted made the room feel larger. The bathroom was a good size. What we especially liked was the cleanliness of the room. The breakfast was adequate - bagels, cereal, muffins, yogurt, pankakes (you make your own) etc and coffee (24 hours) and juices. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or reccomend to family and friends.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OntarioTriptaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Clarksburg, WV
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I have stayed at all Hotels in the Bridgeport, Clarksburg area (Hilton, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Days Inn and others). At first I was very reluctant to stay at this Hotel (no real reason). I had family that was coming in for the holidays and choose Microtel for the Price and Hope it would be nice. The outside looks very nice and well maintained, but never had heard of anyone’s experience with staying. WOW! I was surprised and so was my Family. I normally do not write reviews, but felt the need to do so this time. If you are traveling through or staying over in the area I Highly recommend this Microtel for anyone.
Side Note - There is a restaurant next door.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Glasgow, KY
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Check in and check out were courteous and quick. Rooms clean and include wireless connections. Service excellent. Staff very helpful. Convenient to highway, shopping, and restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We didn't spend much time there and slept too late for the breakfast so I can't tell you much other that the place was very clean, very quiet, and roomy. What little interaction we had with the staff was good. We paid around $90 for a room with two queen beds on game day so it was a great value on top of everything else.

Oh yeah, it was convenient to the interstate and BW3's was right next door.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank BigUncleV
Savannah, GA
Reviewed June 21, 2009

My 12 year old son and I were on a road trip last week and just needed somewhere along the way for one night. I was pulling a small trailer with my motorcycle and had requested a ground floor room. When we checked in, I inquired to the girl at the front desk as to where it would be best to park the vehicle and trailer, and she moved my room to be near the end of the hall on the ground floor so that I could park near my room. Very friendly and helpful staff, both on check in and check out.
When we got to our room, my son and I both were impressed with the room. Comfortable beds, good water pressure in the shower, we fought over the window seat! It was great! Buffalo Wild Wing Cafe was within walking distance, so we could get dinner with out having to drive out again. There is a gas station/food store with in walking distance, also.
I felt very safe, as a woman traveling alone with preteen son. Breakfast was good. Nothing fancy (make your own waffle iron, hard boiled eggs, cold cereal, danishes), but it served the purpose to get us under way. Good coffee.

• Stayed June 2009
Columbus, OH
Reviewed January 10, 2009

Am staying at the Bridgeport (WV) Microtel for business; I'm not going to spend much time in the room so I don't need a large room. Yes, it's small but it doesn't matter; it is CLEAN. There is a breakfast of bagels, muffins, oatmeal and make-your-own-waffles and cereal. The treadmill isn't bad.

Front desk staff is always kind and helpful. There is no way the other middle-to-upscale national hotel chains nearby can justify their almost-double-the-Microtel's rate as a good value.

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
snowskik2
Reviewed November 30, 2008

I've stayed at the Microtel a few times and I love the stay. The rooms are always very clean and the beds are so comfortable. Make sure if you go to get a double bed, because the single room (even for one) is way too small. The view is awesome and BW3s is right next door.

• Liked — comfy beds and clean-feeling room
  • Disliked — size of the room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)