“Very clean hotel”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Pittsburgh, PA
“Very clean hotel”
Reviewed August 20, 2008

Hotel is extremely clean and well maintained. Even the common areas are well kept. This was my first experience with the Microtel brand and I was impressed. The bedding is very comfortable. Hotel was very quiet even with nearly a full house.

Here is the only negative about the entire place - for some reason Microtels must bolt the televisions to the top of a large dresser. It's like being in a hospital room with the TV nearly on the ceiling. It's also very uncomfortable to have to crane your neck to watch it. There is plenty of room on the desk area and why the TVs can't be placed there is beyond me. This may be a silly thing to complain about - but it is an annoyance. I would still recommend this hotel and will look for the brand next time I travel to other areas.

• Liked — Clean, well mainted hotel
  • Disliked — The television location in the room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Columbus, OH
Reviewed July 31, 2008

My family & I stayed at this hotel 07/23/08 thru 07/26/08 to attend a funeral in Clarksburg. This was our first stay at a Microtel Inn. We had 3 standard rooms. All 3 rooms were spotless. Everything was very clean. I have to agree with the previous reviewer about the beds & pillows being very comfortable. I usually have a hard time sleeping, but had no problem what so ever on this bed. Wish I could have taken one of the pillows home with me.

This hotel offers rooms with 1 queen bed; rooms with 2 queen beds (standard room); and suites which offer a fridge & microwave.

Also, the hotel offers a discounted "Bereavement " rate for their standard rooms. Which I applaud them for doing.

This is a basic-no frills hotel. They do offer a small workout room and a free continental breakfast (including make our own waffles). But if you don't plan on speeding all your time at the hotel, this is perfect. Spend the money you save elsewhere.
The area this hotel is located is a elevated below the freeway below and is still being developed. It was very quite/peaceful during our 3 day stay.

There is a new Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant located next to the hotel. The majority of places to eat are located about 4-5 miles away.

When we searched online for rooms in Clarksburg, all travel search engines (including Microtel's own web site) showed this hotel was sold out. I called the hotel directly and was able to make reservations for 3 rooms without a problem.

We will definitely stay at this hotel again, when we are back in Clarksburg to visit family. We will also be trying out other Microtel Inn's elsewhere after we had such a good experience here. Well done Microtel!

• Liked — Comfort of bedding, cleanliness and quite accommadationis, price
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indian Trail, NC
Reviewed May 30, 2008

I was very pleased with my accomodations, the mattress and pillows were so comfortable. In fact I would like to know what brand and kind of pillows they were so I could get some for my bed. The overall experience was very pleasurable.

• Liked — clean room and comfortable bed
  • Stayed May 2008