“Holiday In Hobit-Sized Room”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Holiday In Hobit-Sized Room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Selection of hotels in NC WV is horrible. Not very many to choose from, high rates and almost no one-bedroom suites...which we prefer. Chose this Microtel because it had a "divider" between bed & sitting area...needed due to traveling with 5-year-old. General hotel & location fine, best rate for area...but small room! Sink/fridge/cabinet "divider" was ok, but has a free standing closet with an old TV on top of it. Queens only...cause too small for kings. No lamps. Small bath counter. Too small for the money.

• Stayed December 2012
Channing M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I'm sorry your search for hotel accomodations in our area was so difficult, but I'm glad you chose Microtel by Wyndham at Charles Pointe for our single room suite. I can certainly understand the challenges of traveling with a young child. Our suites are certainly a preffered choice for such travelers given the couch pulls out into a full-size bed, and as you mentioned there is the cabinet partition.
Our rooms are designed for the budget-minded traveler while offering many amenities of larger hotels and brands. I hope you found our queensized beds comfortable, and please know we are in the process of replacing the remaining older, box televisions with flatscreen LED units.

I hope you will join us again if you're in the area. All the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had an unexpected visitor when a large (size of a nickel) bug with wings appeared on the wall. I captured it in a cup and presented it to the desk clerk who didn't seem taken aback. The other concern I had was the desk chair in our Room 132 was very rickety - noticed they had put a screw in the one cross brace which had only served to split the wood. Lawsuit anyone when the chair collapses under someone?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lee H
Channing M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Lee,

First of all, let me thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn & Suites in Bridgeport for your accomodations while visiting north central West Virginia. I'm sorry your stay was burdened with a pest issue. Unfortunately, the insect you encountered during your stay is part of an ongoing issue we have with "stink bugs" that migrate to our area every October and seek shelter indoors as the seasons grows colder. We maintain regular pest control measures at our hotel, but unfortunately a couple of them survive our best efforts.

As for the chair in room 132, I have had Maintenance address that issue, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention here.

I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a better stay. Should you visit the area again and need hotel accomodations, please call and ask for me or my Assistant Manager Traci when making your reservation. We will ensure your stay is comfortable and above par with your expectations.