“Lovely stay at Wingate Inn Bridgeport”

Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely stay at Wingate Inn Bridgeport”
Reviewed July 15, 2006

This hotel is new and is very clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The free breakfast was more than adequate. The indoor pool and spa was nice. This building is located in a developing area of Bridgeport and at some point will have homes, offices and retail businesses less than a block away. In the interim, there are plenty of restuarants located at exit 119 and a mall at exit 121. The view is absolutely beautiful. For this class hotel, everything was as it should be.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2006

I was traveling on business, teaching Stephen Covey's "7 Habits of Highly Effecitve People", and I needed a cozy resting place and hot shower in the morning and evenings. The first morning I did not have hot water, and I dealt as best I could, contacted the front desk, and went on my way. When I returned in the evening, I still did not have hot water, and by then i REALLY had to have a shower. Quite frustrated, I contacted the front desk and told them I needed hot water or I would have to move to another hotel. Finally, 2 hours later they moved me to the other end of the hotel because they said they had hot water on one side but not on my side. I told the front desk staff that I expectted restituition for my inconvenience and asked that my comment be given to the manager.

I stayed for 3 nights, and checking out early on Thursday morning, 2 of the staff members who had been involved in the hot water and moving issues were standing there when the manager asked me if all was okay. I was livid. I expected an apology when I checked out, and some type of restituition, but I got neither. Rather, I was charged a full bill and neither of the 2 staff said a word.

I would have complained at checkout, but I was so angry by then that had I opened my mouth it would not have been pretty, and I pride myself on my professional demeanor. Therefore, I went on my way and I will never return to the Wingate Inn at Bridgeport.

I have always stayed at the Sleep Inn in Bridgeport, which is 2 exits closer to all of the restaurants and shopping, and I plan to return. The customer service there is superb, and the hotel is new, clean and cozy.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Suzi-Queue-T
Limestone, TN
Reviewed June 12, 2006

My boyfriend and I recently travelled across a portion of the country and stopped at this beautifuly secluded hotel to rest so that we could be refreshed for the drive the next day, and we were outrageously impressed with our room. We had reserved one non-smoking room with a king bed and were pleasantly surprised to find such a large, very professionally decorated and modernly designed room with new amenities, beautiful lighting, big windows, and extremely comfortable beds. Needless to say, we slept very well that night and were furthermore impressed the next morning by the wonderful continental breakfast. We'll definitely keep this hotel in mind the next time we travel!

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank Andrea G
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed June 2, 2006

My husband, infant son and I stayed at the Wingate Hotel from May 31st through June 3rd. The hotel is great for business travelers and families. The rooms are clean and spacious; the hotel staff friendly and professional; and the breakfast buffet has a good variety of foods and lasts from 6am-10am everyday. The hotel is within 5 minutes of a large variety of shopping centers and the scenery in this area is absolutely breathtaking. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

4 Thank fishfry
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 3, 2006

New hotel on a hilltop in an area being developed. Right off the expressway. Two to three exits away from huge shopping plazas (Walmart, Krogers, restaurants galore, Target, etc.).

Impressed with the frig and microwave and cleanliness.

Only problem is windows do not open. Also you have to really look for it because there are no signs up yet.

Quiet.

Great business center (small but modern equipment) and nice staff.

Not in the same category as a Sheraton or Hyatt, but steps above the usual Holiday Inn type hotels. Pictures on the web are an accurate description. This hotel line is going places.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
OH
Reviewed December 31, 2005

We stayed overnight on New Years Eve because we were in town visiting some relatives. This hotel was very nice, clean, and quiet. We didn't use the pool area, but looked in. The pool is rectangular & I think 5ft deep at the deepest w/ about 3 patio tables to sit at. The hot tub was a large one that would have fit at least 8 people. The room was fairly large w/ a sitting stool, chair & ottoman, desk & chair, king size bed. I liked that the pillows were not the flat ones that most hotels use, but fluffy ones that you knew were under your head when you lay down. The hotel was built outside Bridgeport, but still close enough to shopping and resturants. It's the only business open on the hillside it was built, but other businesses are at this time under construction. Breakfast was served between 6am-10am. I didn't go to the eating area (because I slept in) but my husband brought to our room...waffles, yogurt, sausage patties, danish, OJ, bagles w/ cream cheese, & cereal (I sure wasn't hungary when finished). We enjoyed our stay, and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed December 2005