“Convenient location”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Fredericksburg, VA
“Convenient location”
Reviewed April 28, 2008

I stayed here along with several coworkers for one night. The hotel staff was friendly and the rooms were nice. My room was on the second floor, and there was a bit of noise from the lobby as I was just past the area that opened over the lobby.

There was a restaurant nearby, with others to come. We went down one exit and had dinner at a local Mexican restaurant before visiting the mall.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Room door needs better seal at botton to reduce noise.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Crown Point, IN
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel. It was clean and nice. The beds were comfortable. There weren't many guests at the hotel when we were there so noise wasn't a problem. The room was large. We had 2 queen beds and still had plenty of room for our suitcases and toys for the kids. Plenty of room to spread out. There was even a coat closet. There was a refrigerator in the room too, which was nice.

The pool was very nice. The water was warm and there were clean towels at the pool area.

The breakfast was good. There were the usual continental breakfast staples and a waffle machine with mix. We didn't try the waffles, but they smelled really good.

It is really easy reach from the interstate. You can see it on top of the hill if you are coming in from the south. I agree with the previous review to ask for a room on the south side. There is a nice view.

My only little complaint is that it would be nice to have the sink outside the bathroom area. We come to this area quite a bit and we will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — the size of the room and the pool
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Central Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2007

Stayed on a business trip. The Hotel is in a new planned area - Charles Point. This is a newer property and they seem to be keeping it up. Comfortable bed and a clean room. Several staff stepped forward on different occasions to ask us how we were doing - that is not typical at most hotels we've stayed at. Decent breakfast bar - make your own waffles / yogurt and hot eggs were among the choices. Great view - ask for a southern exposure room.

• Liked — Great bed! Hotels are catching on that we need a decent bed!
  • Disliked — The main entrance needs a traffic light being on the creat of a hill!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Estaltd
New Manchester, WV
Reviewed July 15, 2006

My family & I stayed at the Wingate Inn at Bridgeport, WV. We were in the area for my family reunion. The hotel staff was excellent. Very friendly & helpful whenever you needed anything. After checking in, my two year old granddaughter was running down the hall in front of us trying to find their room. One of the housekeeping staff noticed that she was trying to find which room was hers. After getting settled in, we all went out to eat. When we came back, we noticed a pretty white bow taped to their door. We had no idea why it was there. We thought the staff must have thought that my granddaughter had lost it. I stepped outside & the housekeeper that put the bow on the door just happened to be outside at the time & she told me that she put it on the door so my granddaughter would know which room was hers. The rooms were spacious & clean. The indoor pool & hot tub were nice. Everything was clean & they made sure that there were plenty of towels at the pool. The continental breakfast, that's inclulded in the price, was good. You can even make your own waffles. During the busy season, I think they should have two breakfast counters so the line moves a little faster, & I would like to see them add an outdoor pool & more outdoor seating, but other than that, everything was great. It was quiet, the beds were comfortable. The rooms come with a microwave & fridge. It came in handy for late night snacks. There are several pizza shops that deliver. At the beginning of the road where they're located, they're building stores & restaurants. Right now, you travel three miles south of the hotel where a mall & large plaza with lots of stores & restaurants are located. I look forward to returning next year & hope that all the stores & restaurants are open so all you'll have to do is park your car in the hotel parking lot & walk to everything. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank nanadn
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 15, 2006

This hotel is new and is very clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The free breakfast was more than adequate. The indoor pool and spa was nice. This building is located in a developing area of Bridgeport and at some point will have homes, offices and retail businesses less than a block away. In the interim, there are plenty of restuarants located at exit 119 and a mall at exit 121. The view is absolutely beautiful. For this class hotel, everything was as it should be.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2006

I was traveling on business, teaching Stephen Covey's "7 Habits of Highly Effecitve People", and I needed a cozy resting place and hot shower in the morning and evenings. The first morning I did not have hot water, and I dealt as best I could, contacted the front desk, and went on my way. When I returned in the evening, I still did not have hot water, and by then i REALLY had to have a shower. Quite frustrated, I contacted the front desk and told them I needed hot water or I would have to move to another hotel. Finally, 2 hours later they moved me to the other end of the hotel because they said they had hot water on one side but not on my side. I told the front desk staff that I expectted restituition for my inconvenience and asked that my comment be given to the manager.

I stayed for 3 nights, and checking out early on Thursday morning, 2 of the staff members who had been involved in the hot water and moving issues were standing there when the manager asked me if all was okay. I was livid. I expected an apology when I checked out, and some type of restituition, but I got neither. Rather, I was charged a full bill and neither of the 2 staff said a word.

I would have complained at checkout, but I was so angry by then that had I opened my mouth it would not have been pretty, and I pride myself on my professional demeanor. Therefore, I went on my way and I will never return to the Wingate Inn at Bridgeport.

I have always stayed at the Sleep Inn in Bridgeport, which is 2 exits closer to all of the restaurants and shopping, and I plan to return. The customer service there is superb, and the hotel is new, clean and cozy.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Suzi-Queue-T
Limestone, TN
Reviewed June 12, 2006

My boyfriend and I recently travelled across a portion of the country and stopped at this beautifuly secluded hotel to rest so that we could be refreshed for the drive the next day, and we were outrageously impressed with our room. We had reserved one non-smoking room with a king bed and were pleasantly surprised to find such a large, very professionally decorated and modernly designed room with new amenities, beautiful lighting, big windows, and extremely comfortable beds. Needless to say, we slept very well that night and were furthermore impressed the next morning by the wonderful continental breakfast. We'll definitely keep this hotel in mind the next time we travel!

• Stayed June 2006