“Good accommodations at Reasonable rates”

Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Ellijay, Georgia
“Good accommodations at Reasonable rates”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Used my federal ID and got a GREAT rate! Room was clean. Food was hotel breakfast carbs. Lots of kids. The housekeeping staff detracted from an otherwise pleasant experience. Empty or half-empty cups were left in room. One day it looked like the bathroom counter was missed completely. My wife enjoyed the afternoon popcorn. Location is convenient to everything we needed. Given the value for my money, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Front desk staff was nice and put us in a great room without even asking. I expect they are just ni...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us to gain new potential customers and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for write a review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at gmwingate@lodgingdev.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Farmington, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My family and I enjoyed our stay at the fabulous Hotel, located in Bridgeport W.V.. We were treated very well, we also enjoyed all the aminities they had too offer, which were listed on the site which was very accessible as well as the great prices they had too offer. The staff was very polite, and personable made us feel right at home. The continental breakfast was also very good. Our family would recommend staying at the hotel too anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Again, thank you for writing a review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at gmwingate@lodgingdev.com.
Bridgeport, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The worst customer service I have EVER experienced. I spoke with the manager and he was rude, condescending and dismissive. He literally had me in tears two days before my wedding. Never again-- especially for such an important event!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Leigh M
Charleston
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel before for business. This was the absolute worst two night experience I have ever had! Non-friendly staff. Cold showers EVERY DAY! Heat stopped working in room when it was 9 degrees outside! Bill was not placed under my door on morning of check-out. Gummy bears, popcorn and yarn was on the carpet when we got there and was still there when we left -- carpet wasn't swept. Ants were crawling all over the bathroom floor. We would step on them to kill them but the maid never swept the bathroom tile, so we had dead ants all over the bathroom floor in addition to the live ants that were crawling around. I was in the conference center and left my spouse in the room. He went out for breakfast at 10am because complimentary breakfast was so bad. Luckily, he loaded luggage in car. When he returned, his key would not work at end outside entrance. Our room's door was hanging wide open and beds were stripped. He was able to walk in and retrieve some of our drinks from the fridge in the room. Keep in mind...he had not checked out yet and it was before the 12 noon checkout time!!! I will NEVER stay here again or even recommend it to anyone. I will gladly pay more to stay somewhere else, even if I have to pay for gas to travel to and from the conference center.

Room Tip: Rooms have poor heat and no hot water.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
TJ N, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write this review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. During the time that you visited our facility it was brought to our attention we had a hot water tank go out of service along with a valve that controlled the hot water from the other three hot water tanks mainly therefore causing mainly cold water to be distributed to the majority of our guests. Since your stay we have completed approximately $25,000.00 worth of repairs to prevent this problem from happening in the future or with any other guest. In regards to your other concerns, this was unacceptable and I apologize for the inconveniences. Rest assured, this will be discussed with the staff to prevent any further occurrences like you experienced. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

I believe the Asst. General Manager has contacted you to offer compensation, however, if you have not heard from our facility or you do not feel the compensation was fair please contact me ASAP so that we can try and work together for a resolution and to regain your trust.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at gmwingate@lodgingdev.com.
Elkview, West Virginia
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed two nights. Both nights I did not have hot water to take a shower. THe front desks response was this was normal when they have a lot of guests. I was shocked that this was their excuse as I struggle to put my head under a facet to wash my hair. The beds were uncomfortable and the internet very slow in the room. The first night, the heat was broke for a period of time in the evening.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
TJ N, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, February 22, 2012

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. During the time that you visited our facility it was brought to our attention we had a hot water tank go out of service along with a valve that controlled the hot water from the other three hot water tanks mainly therefore causing mainly cold water to be distributed to the majority of our guests. Since your stay we have completed approximately $25,000.00 worth of repairs to prevent this problem from happening in the future or with any other guest. In regards to your other concerns, we also completed an internet upgrade and this was the 1st negative response since that project was completed in January. Again,I apologize for the inconveniences. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed January 30, 2012

One of two hotels of choice for WV visits, even though family & friends are 20 minutes south in Fairmont. They have good rates, which usually include a 2-day discount. This helps because rates in the area are high due to low supply. Its a standard Wyngate, with good sized rooms & just enough facilities. Breakfast is fine. Good front desk staff. Clean hotel.

The location is a bit out of the way from everywhere, but it's right off of I-79 which helps. Only downside for us is the "Convention Center" that's attached to the hotel. Tends to have weddings, resulting is weekend crowds I could live without. Upside is a BW3 located at the end of the road, which means easy access to beer, food & sports.

Got a jacuzzi suite for an extra 10 bucks this visit, which is a pretty good/cheap upgrade...which also gives you a quiet corner room.

Room Tip: Got a jacuzzi suite for an extra 10 bucks. You won't see it clearly on the rates section of webs...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing a review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at gmwingate@lodgingdev.com.
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed here on Sat night with a large group for a Formal party in the adjoining Conference Center. Check-in was quick & easy. Lots of amenities which we didn't get a chance to take advantage of such, as popcorn and cookies in lobby (our group had their own hospitality room), but I did enjoy a cup of hot tea in the afternoon. Room was clean and well equipped. Had nice table for computer w/free wi-fi. Microwave & refrig. Didn't get a chance to check out pool as we were too busy & there was a childs b'day party going on, but it looked nice. Enjoyed breakfast bar which was kept well stocked. Had glass mugs for coffee as well as carry-out cups. Overall experience was very good. Nice that our function was in adjoining center so we didn't have to go out in cold.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us to obtain new customers and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at gmwingate@lodgingdev.com.