“Best Mexican in the area...”

El Rincon Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Pollock, Idaho
“Best Mexican in the area...”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

When I visit the Clarksburg/Bridgeport area, a friend and I always meet up at a Mexican restaurant for lunch. This one is good way beyond any I've enjoyed in the area. I am a vegetarian, so we both had vegetarian fajitas. Not only was the food tasty and non-greasy compared to most Mexican I've eaten, but each of us took away enough food for another meal. I added a side of rice and a side of beans to my leftovers so I could share with my mom for dinner. That came with more chips and cups of salsa to go, too, and I only paid $24 plus a healthy tip for our two lunches and the sides. The ambience is nothing fancy, but the personnel and courteous and friendly. Lots of people were having lunch there, so it is no secret, even though it is hidden in the back of the Big Lots mall.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Linda_H2O

South Charleston, West Virginia
“Best food value in area”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Prices very good. Lunch prices can't be beat. Food is consistently better than most Mexican food area. Endless Chips and salsa free with meals and for those that aren't fans of cilantro, you might like the salsa here better than other restaurants in area. Typically friendly service too.

• Visited January 2014
Bridgeport, West Virginia
“Decent restaurant that is good on your wallet”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I go here once in a while just to catch up with friends. It isn't bad mexican food for a more northern state. Definitely better than Taco Bell and also better than most of the other mexican restaurants in the area that I have tried. I don't think I have had a real bad experience visiting here. The employees usually do their best to accommodate their guests. They will even put a sombrero on you and sing happy birthday to you if that is why you are in there. The portion size is excellent and most people leave with boxes. If you are real big eater try the Special Dinner (that is how it is listed on the menu) is a huge mexican sampler you can try. The average person could easily make 2-3 meals out of that one. The Pollo Loco is also a nice dinner. They give you three flour tortilla and ingredients where you can more than make three burritos ( ample chicken in special sauce, rice, beans, guacamole, lettuce tomato slice, and sour cream are all supplied). For a novice person the taco salad is a good intro dinner. It has lettuce, sour cream queso cheese sauce, melted cheese, tomato slice, sour cream and your choice of beef or chicken served in an edible tortilla shell bowl. The price is affordable. I think most entrees are under $10. You may find better quality mexican in surrounding towns/cities at a larger cost, but for the price overall this restaurant has my pick as best value for the money.

• Visited December 2013
washington d.c.
“Fine as long as you are not particular”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant based on reviews posted here. There was plenty of food at verybreasonable prices, so if you like large portions, go for it, but if you have any taste for good Mexican food, don't waste your money. It is a huge restaurant with no bar area and a very sketchy entrance. Being a woman travelling alone, I almost did not go in. I ordered the shrimp fajitas, "fresh" shrimp from what the menu said, but it was anything but fresh. The salsa and chips were not fresh either...definitely packaged. I was very disappointed...there are not many options in the area other than Applebee's and Ruby Tuesday, but I would not go back here again.

Visited August 2013
Wadsworth, Ohio
“This place needs some help...”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I am in the area every month. This is simple, the food is good however, too many flys buzzing about. Fix that and you get 4 Stars

• Visited November 2012