“Unexpected Surprise”

Oliverio's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Oliverio's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Oliverios was a pleasant surprise for this Italian who's motto is "It's All About the FOOD"... I was on a business trip to Clarksburg (first visit) and took a group out to dinner. When they said we were going to eat Italian, I figured we were headed for The Olive Garden. Instead, we ended up at Oliverios. I was very pleased with both the food, wine list and excellent service. My recommendation; try the Angel Hair Crab Appetizer. It was served in a cream sauce and was excellent. My Dinner was a special Filet prepared with lump crab meat and and another interesting sauce that was perfect. I opted for the twice baked potato instead of Pasta, which was a great move. Of course, I was able to wash this down with my favorite red wine. Alas, the food was so good, there was just no room for dessert when they brought the tray around. My Advice; start with the dessert.... Ciao!!!

2  Thank pftambur

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I ate here on Dec. 31, 2013. Being New Year's Eve it was extremely busy. We utilized the call ahead service about 15-20 minutes before arrival. The young man on the phone told us it was about a 45 minute wait and took our name. We got there about 20 minutes before the 45 minutes would have been up and discovered he had not written our name down on the list. we got seated about an hour after our call which was not too bad considering how busy they were.
I don't remember our server's name, but she did an excellent job.
We each had the "Sicilian Trio" and we enjoyed it very much, although next time I would probably just order the lasagna as I liked it better than the stuffed shells and penne pasta. The salad with house dressing was good and the homemade breadsticks were great. We might make this a New Year's Eve tradition.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Food superb Atmosphere warm and cozy. Staff attentive. Setting Italiano first class. We are visiting from Florida and this restaurant has been added to our "must" visit next time we visit family members

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I hate writing this review however maybe it will help this location improve. Have eaten here and the Morgantown location several times in the past three years.
The Bridgeport location has one simple problem to solve. Why so much salt on the food? Ate there this past Monday with a large group (more than 20) and at least five complained of food so salty it was not edible, including me. I had the special a Filet with crab sauce. It was so salty I had to scrape the sauce away but it still ruined a good cut of filet.
This happened to me twice before on visits by myself with very different dishes (veal parm and a chicken dish with a spicy sauce). At this point I cannot return nor recommend. The owner and head chef need to investigate as I sincerely believe they would be horrified to taste the these over salty dishes likely the result of one employee.

1  Thank JR1_Oh
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I have enjoyed many of the menu selections. We have never been disappointed with the service or the food. A bountiful amount of seriously yummy food served by well trained servers. And as was previously stated, the breadsticks are made daily and are delicious! It is nice to have a good local restaurant that you can count on.

You can also enjoy great Italian food in one of the families two other restaurants in Morgantown plus, I also understand that they also have a lovely venue for catering special occasions. The Marketplace in Morgantown will provide you with the best calzone that you have ever eaten! My suggestion is to check out all of their locations. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank owl-observer