“Nice place, friendly staff - but PLEASE turn on some A/C !”

Hampton Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Pittsburgh, PA
“Nice place, friendly staff - but PLEASE turn on some A/C !”
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Pros - Nice area to stopover at. Plenty of restaurants to choose from, all of which are very good. Pool and fitness area are sparkling clean and well kept. All areas of the hotel are clean and well maintained. Staff is very friendly. Large selection of TV channels. The room was recently repainted and had new fixtures, carpeting and tile. Breakfast was very good and had a lot to offer.

Cons - Area weather just turned warmer. There are individual units in each room that are supposed to turn on a/c or heat. They have disabled all of the a/c compressors in each of the units until spring. The room even in the overnight never got cold and it was extremely hot and stuffy. If the units are individually controlled - why must they be disabled? According to front desk personnel they have not turned on the "Secret switch" on each unit. If a guest is complaining about their room being 80 degrees then they should have turned on their A/C ! I have also noticed since staying in this location in the past they have installed extremely low flow shower heads resulting in almost no water pressure at all in the shower.

Overall, a nice hotel, but ask if the a/c is turned on if it is warm outside.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pickering, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We stayed at the Hampton Inn twice during our trip to Florida: once on the way down and once on the way back, obviously. We chose the Hampton Inn as we have stayed in 2 others before, which were both great (especially the one in Jonesville). The one in Bridgeport was a little disappointing.

The staff were friendly enough. They answered all our questions about restaurants in the sorrounding area.

The room was pretty disappointing. First off, they need to either be renovated or cleaned floor to ceiling, in every knook and cranny. We felt the rooms were somewhat smaller than what we are used to with Hampton. The bathrooms were very small. The biggest problem I had was the cleanliness of the room. I dropped a pen behind the nightstand and when I retrieved it, I found a lot of garbage from previous guests. I reported it to the front desk on checkout and they made a note of it.

The breakfasts (although free) were also disappointing. Again, having stayed at other Hampton's, we expected better.

When we did check out on our second stay, I made a note to tell them that I felt they were overpriced (compared to the Fairfield Inn, in Columbia SC). I even showed them the price that we paid at the Fairfield. The staff member commented that they are a different chain and in a different area. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what part of the country you are in, you still have to compete with other hotels. She did reduce my rate to the Fairfield, which was fair.

Overall, the hotel was ok. If I drive to Florida again, I may look at driving either an hour more or less to find a better hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Stayed here on the way back from Myrtle Beach. Great location off I-79 and right beside Bob Evans which is decent. Rates are a bit high, but hotel has indoor pool, hot tub, great beds and free hot breakfast. Good hotel to stop at.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Bridgeport, West Virginia
Reviewed February 14, 2009

We recently had bad storms and power outages in this area. I needed a place to stay, and for warmth and hot water, until I got my electric back on. I was able to get a room here.

The staff was friendly upon check-in. The room was nice, newly renovated. The heat was easy to adjust and not loud when it did run.

I always complain when the bathrooms do not have exhaust fans, but not many hotels have this feature, as this one didnt either.

The lighting was excellent, in bathroom and room area. Full length mirror, plenty of tv channels and HBO. Nice desk area, and chair and ottoman, along with the 2 double beds. Coffee maker.

The shower was ok, I found it very difficult to find the button that converts the water to the shower and after I found it, I found it very hard to push. It seemed a bit of an old style, and style I had never seen before. Cant complain too much, I was glad to have hot water.

Just off the interstate. The place was quiet, and it appeared to be full that night. THey have swimming pool. Breakfast par for the course for a Hampton. Bob Evans within walking distance. Mall with Target, JCP and Garfield's Restaurant 1/2 mile. Outback Restaurant in mall parking lot. Ask front desk for other local restaturants.

• Stayed February 2009
1 Thank wvshopper
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2008

We stayed here on a trip back from the south. Great location, right off I-79. There was a Bob Evans next door and a mall across the highway. The hotel itself was very clean and well run. Breakfast was typical of the Hampton Inn. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2008

Over night stay, room and property are extremely well cared for ..Service was so friendly ..and The Mall ( with Target and Penneys) was just 1/2 mile away..with a great Outback Restaurant ..I just can not say enough about the service we received in both the hotel and for dinner.

• Liked — Appearance and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Not a thing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
South Heights
Reviewed September 14, 2007

Quoted rates are quite high but we obtained a discounted AAA rate, which was still above $90, which is steep for this location.

Hotel was clean and quiet, breakfast was par for what we expected.

All in all, it was an "OK" experience.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank railroader60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg
Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bridgeport

Been to Hampton Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg? Share your experiences!