“This Hampton Inn has staff that go above and beyond!!!”

Hampton Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Flat Rock, North Carolina, United States
“This Hampton Inn has staff that go above and beyond!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions in the past year when performing a site visit for the two properties that I consult with. This week I arrived on Monday evening after driving thru a storm. I left my lights on when I departed the car to check in. After dinner I deciding that I would get something from my car to find that my battery was dead. The front desk were immediately responsive to my need for jumper cables. After nearly an hour of trying to get my battery charged with no success the young man at the front desk and the manager decided that I would be driven over to a local advance auto to purchase a new battery. After purchasing my new battery and returning to the hotel this young man replaced my battery. Words cannot tell you how much I appreciate the staff members that go above and beyond without requesting anything in return!!! For this I will be forever grateful and will stay at this hotel everytime I am in the area. Thank you again, Glenda Coots

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Kevin S, Manager at Hampton Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hi Glenda!

Thanks for the 5 star rating and review and thank you for sharing your experience with us and with our Trip Advisor Audience.

I was the manager on duty that night and the Front Desk Associate that assisted you was Joe. We are very fortunate to have Joe on our Hospitality Team. So thank you for recognizing him!
However, we are very fortunate to have guests like you!

We sincerely appreciate your continued patronage and your loyalty to Hampton Inn-Bridgeport. It's our pleasure to serve you.

We look forward to seeing you again when you're back this way.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was a nice place to stay, close to main highway, with easy off and on. Also near a mall with a few nice restaurants. Rooms were clean and had a large bathroom. Best pillows I have slept on in a long time. Slept great no external noise's.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Future travelers reading your review will be encouraged to stay with us, so we sincerely appreciate all of your compliments regarding the spaciousness and cleanliness of our rooms as well as the comfortable pillows.

We hope you see you again when your travel plans bring you back to Bridgeport.

Best Regards,
North Augusta, South Carolina
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Check in was quick. The room was clean and the bath well stocked. The air worked fine and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good but only one toaster. I would stay here again. Hampton inns almost always are good,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello William,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We always appreciate the positive comments left by the most important people in OUR world, OUR GUESTS! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am happy to hear that you would return again. I agree with you regarding the consistency of Hampton Inns. We strive to be the best and it's feedback such as yours that help us achieve our goals.

Sincerely yours,
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Thank you Melanie and the funny man at the front desk for doing everything possible to get me a room and then by a stroke of luck, having a cancellation here and the room was mine.
You are gems.
Thank you for the snacks, water, cookies....just everything.
You make your Hilton counterparts down the road at the garden Inns look like incompetent and untrained in the business.
For one night, you have made my stay a blessing.
xxoo to you 2 and also the other lovely woman who gave me the menus to have food sent in. The chinese was delicious.

Room Tip: This hotel is so above par to it's sister down the road, The Hilton Garden Inn, that no more exp...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind review on Hampton Inn-Bridgeport. It's guests such as yourself that make each day worth looking forward to.

Thanks for recognizing Melanie and the "Funny guy" (Me). We are very fortunate to have Melanie on our staff. Glad we could entertain you and accommodate you due to a last minute cancellation.
We are so glad that we were able to "make your stay a blessing!" After all, that's what "Hamptonality" is all about.

It was nice of you to stop back in to say hi and give us an update on your trip on your way back home.

We will be looking forward to seeing you again.

Regards,
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is your typical consistent Hampton Inn that you will find all across America. It was conveniently located for my purposes with a clean comfortable room. Breakfast was OK, though the gravy was a bit bland, even by continental breakfast standards.

Hi Michael,
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn of Bridgeport for your lodging choice. Glad to hear that your were happy with the cleanliness and comfort of your room. Our staff strives to make each and every guests experience an unforgettable one. Thanks for your review.

We hope to see you again when your travel plans bring you back to the area.

huntington, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2014

More than other Hotels but worth it, breakfast is truly a breakfast and the accomodations are clean and nice. would recommend to other business travelers. Staff is very helpful and seem to like their jobs.

1 Thank Randi F
Hi Randi,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Hampton Inn of Bridgeport. Our staff takes great pride in providing each and every guest with a clean and comfortable room. It's our goal to guarantee an overall satisfying experience each time you visit. I will pass your comments on to our staff. They will be thrilled to hear that we have made another guest happy with their stay.

Yours truly,
Elkview, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Understand this region is undergoing major natural gas drilling and finding a room within the area without reservations is next to impossible. Make advanced reservations at any hotel in this region, you are not going to pull off the interstate and find a room at any hotel. I have stayed at this hotel several times on business and always had some issue to pop up. Recently, booked 3 rooms for myself and 2 co-workers but final reservation was for one room. When I tried to correct the mistake I got no help from the front desk. If you have a problem at this hotel try and find someone who cares. The staff acts as if they don't get paid to care and if you don't like it go somewhere else. Bottom line - if you are going to just spend a night this isn't a bad hotel but there are better hotels in the area but expect some kind of problem or screw up plus a staff that doesn't care.

Hello John,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. You are 100% right regarding the facts on the region and the Natural Gas workers keeping our hotels full. While this is a good problem to have, it can definitely cause headaches for others trying to get a last minute reservation.
I highly suggest making reservations at least 2-3 weeks out. While 3rd party booking agencies do an awesome job at what they do, I highly suggest that when making reservations...ALWAYS get a confirmation number AND get confirmation of the number of rooms that you reserved. Have the details of your reservation emailed or faxed to you.
Best case scenario, if you still feel uncomfortable with this idea, feel free to contact ME directly to make your reservation and we will do everything in our power to get you exactly what you need.

In closing, I am sorry that you feel that we don't care about our guests. With all due respect, there is nothing further from the truth. We appreciate our guests and we appreciate YOU!
We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the quality experience that you deserve.

Yours In Hospitality,
Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg
Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport
TownePlace Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport

Been to Hampton Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg? Share your experiences!