“Hampton Inn Bridgeport, WV”

Hampton Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Clay, United States
“Hampton Inn Bridgeport, WV”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This was a clean hotel in an excellent location beside a service station (GoMart) and chain restaurant (Bob Evans), and close proximity to the Bridgeport and Meadow Brook Malls. The staff was wonderful. I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Marlborough, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Look...I like staying at Hampton Inn. They are generally consistent with their cleanliness and facilities, and consistency of experience is important to me as a frequent traveler. Unfortunately, they usually price themselves out of my options, as Holiday Inn express has done a great job with their Priority Club rewards and their available discounted pricing. In this case, however, I was surprised by the experience I had. I walked in, asked at the front desk if there were any rooms for the night as I had not booked in advance. They said no. I then took 5 steps over to their business center, went to the Hampton Inn website, and booked a room at that very hotel where they had just said "no" 30 seconds earlier. I then checked in. I find it to be troubling that they told me the hotel was "completely sold out" when it wasn't. The next morning, I called down to the front desk to see if I could extend my stay. Again they told me they were sold out...another "no". I went on to the Hampton Inn website again, and again booked a room for the night. Something is wrong with this. As a result of the lack of Customer Service, I went to stay at the Holiday inn Express for the third night I was in the area. I think budget hotels should be finding ways to earn your business, not finding ways to turn it away, don't you?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Chris S
East Amherst, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stay at this hotel each time we travel back home after spending a winter in the south. We also only stay at a Hampton or Hilton because of the quality and cleanliness of the hotels. Always very satisfied.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Farmington, New York, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at this Hampton Inn on our way to TN and on our way back from TN. I'll start with the pros: Near the highway, gas station and Bob Evans next door. I have to say the place is very clean.

Now the cons: Rooms and bathrooms are very small. The first night we stayed we were in a room with no fridge or microwave. Apparently, there are only a few rooms that have these appliances. In all our years of staying at Hampton Inns it was pretty much a given that it would have a fridge and microwave. We requested a fridge and microwave for our return visit and that was granted. However, there was no freezer so ice packs could not be frozen. When travelling it's things like this that are a major pain.

The last con and the biggest is we requested a Military discount and was refused because we did not reserve a room with 2 beds, we reserved a king bed.....Really, couldn't the owner do something for my husband who risked his life to serve his country and protect him and his family.....that was really disgusting....no discount, no thanks for serving.....no nothing! We can tell that the staff at this hotel is not happy.....they were pleasant enough but not happy. I won't go into more.

If your stuck and desperately need a place to stay this Hampton Inn will do in a pinch......but don't expect much.....As for our opinion, we don't recommend staying there. There are many hotels out there that will service you better and charge you less.....and they will give honor to the brave men and women who serve our country. We have had 2 bad experiences with Hampton Inns lately.....so they are off our list....we will not use them again.....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Abingdon, Virginia
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Needed a place to stop for night. Right off highway and close to other restaurants and gas stations. Clean and well kept rooms. Did not stay for breakfast because going on down the road to eat at Tamarack.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I often stop in the area, so I've stayed at a few of the hotels in the area. This was a fairly good one. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is kind of ridiculous that there is not a refrigerator and microwave in the room. That seems fairly standard these days. But other than that, coffee available all day in the lobby, clean comfortable rooms, standard breakfast. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Westerly, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We are Hilton members, and we try to stay at a Hilton property when traveling. We always stay at this Hampton when visiting my daughter in WV. The staff is friendly, rooms are very clean, and breakfast is decent. The pool area is clean. It is convenient to the highway and nearby dining and shopping. We will be back again in the fall to visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg
Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bridgeport

Been to Hampton Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg? Share your experiences!