“Extras appreciated”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Ashtabula
“Extras appreciated”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Whenever we stay at the Hampton Inn I'm reminded that the little extras make a big difference. Upon arriving, the cookies and a variety of fresh fruit--plus coffee help to revive us. The staff was very friendly and the accommodations very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Flat Rock, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hotel is located right off the exit. Gas station and Bob Evans located adjacent to hotel and just a walk across the parking lot. The hotel is clean. Front desk very friendly and helpful. The hotel rooms are surprisingly nice and clean as well. Breakfast is not up to par with the other Hampton Inns that I have stayed in. Oatmeal not cooked well and the hot options were dry and over cooked. If you are staying on the front side which are the even number rooms you will be facing the traffic from the interstate and will hear the traffic (mostly large trucks slowing down on the exit ramp).

Room Tip: Ask for odd numbered room on back side of hotel the farthest from the interstate.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Santa Clara, CA
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Whenever I'm in this area, I try to stay at this Hampton Inn. The first time I had made other plans and when I showed up at my "other plans" the place was so appalling that I left and I immediately left and drove here. Since it was late, they gave me a lovely room that fit in my budget for the night, and I was very happy. Since then, I've had nice rooms every time I've returned, but none as nice as the first time. Still, the staff is always as nice, the rooms are always as clean and comfortable and quiet, and it's always the perfect spot in the road for me to stay, close to where I need to be.
The area is lovely all year long, loveliest in the spring and fall if you have any extra time to drive around and enjoy the scenery.

Room Tip: I think they are all quiet here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have always stayed at Hampton Inn's. The Clean, Friendly and welcoming appearance of the Inn always helps in our decision as were to stay. It makes the decision easy! After a long drive from Western NY finding a Hampton Inn was almost as good as being home. The friendly staff and clean room's make the stay worth while and for the money it's very affordable.

Room Tip: We always stay in the King rooms, they are roomy and very comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very accommodating - they put all our friends on the same floor. Everything was as good as I would expect - clean rooms, spacious enough, friendly staff, decent breakfast. Indoor access to rooms. Very convenient to the interstate, close to Bridgeport and Clarksburg.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I spent very little time in this room, having checked in around midnight and leaving around 7am the next morning. This was a very typical Hampton experience; the room was clean and nice. The front desk staff was polite and competent. Even though it's right on the highway, it's still fairly quiet.

This stay would have gotten four stars, but I deducted a star because although the bed linens were nice, the bathroom linens were not. The towels and washcloths were smaller than in most Hamptons and of quite poor quality. The bathroom tissue was also of poor quality. The most annoying aspect of the trip, however, was that the staff did not slip a copy of my bill under the door during the night, but they managed to leave a copy of the newspaper. Although I'm sure some people don't need the bill, business travelers like myself must have a copy in order to expense it. So, even though I was in a hurry, I had to wait in line at the front desk to get a printed copy of the bill.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn here before and thought it was comfortable enough to choose it again while in the area. As before, the bed was comfortable and our room was quiet and clean. The renovations are nice and improved the layout of the rooms considerably, making them feel more spacious and streamlined. I would agree with other reviewers that some of the front desk staff were very blase and also did not seem to care that I was a Hilton Honors member - or even that I was a guest at all...just doing her job, nothing more. Not unfriendly, but she just really couldn't care less about any kind of customer service or welcoming experience. I don't choose a hotel on the basis of the front desk clerk's attitude (I'm more interested in the cleanliness of the room and comfort) but it does impact my overall feeling about the property. The breakfast was decent and as usual with Hampton Inns, the coffee was good. We will stay here again but probably nudge each other and chuckle to each other if we have to deal with the apathetic front desk clerk again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg
Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport
TownePlace Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport

Been to Hampton Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg? Share your experiences!