“Food is great but takes forever to get it”
Review of Mountaineer Grille

Mountaineer Grille
Ranked #7 of 56 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: American
Bridgeport, West Virginia
“Food is great but takes forever to get it”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My sister and I went to eat here a couple different times and it always takes forever. We went once when we were the first to arrive and only had a handful arrive later. The weather was awful so business was slow [so we thought we could get in and out on our lunch]. We explained to the waitress we were on lunch and hoped by coming on a day when we could be the only ones we could get out at a reasonable time. We ordered salad with salmon and a sandwich. An hour later we still did not have our food. The waitress was very nice and apologized repeatedly. I finally told her we had to get our order to go and a guy there who overheard said since we ordered the salmon on our salad it takes 20 minutes longer. We were close to an hour and half without getting our food. Best part was we weren't even given any type of discount for the meal that we had to eat at our desk at work.

• Visited January 2014

Bridgeport, WV
“We eat here all the time. ”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and i live in Bridgeport and we eat here close to once a month, sometimes more. I like the craft beers on tap and the homemade chips. My wife loves to get the salad with salmon on tap. I like getting the antipasta salad, burger, or wraps too. Its all really good. The service is always good and the prices are on par with other restaurants on this level. I highly recommend you give it a try if your thinking about eating here.

Shinnston, West Virginia
“We love this place!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We love to eat here! If we want to go out but cannot think of somewhere to go, we usually end up here. We have been there so many times that they know where we like to sit and what we normally order. We have tried several dishes, but our favorite is the sausage pasta. They have delicious salads, wraps, sandwiches, steaks, and crab cakes. I am sure you cannot go wrong with whatever you choose to order. They have awesome choices for specials during lunch and dinner.They have great culinary skills. I highly recommend that you try their food.

• Visited December 2013
Norman, Oklahoma
“Good food @ a turtle's pace”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Have been for lunch a couple of times. Always packed, servers are friendly but it takes forever!
First time we had sandwiches, 2nd time we ordered soup and salad and it took 20 minutes. I really like the atmosphere and food is really good but I just don't get it. Would go if you aren't starving and don't mind waiting a while.

• Visited October 2013
Bridgeport, WV
“Nice local choice for lunch”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We all get tired of eating at the chain restaurants. Mountaineer Grille is a nice local alternative. It is a small establishment with booths lining the two walls and tables in the center. It is not a place for a quiet lunch since the TVs are generally tuned in to a sporting event of some sort.

The service is friendly, courteous, and prompt.

I ordered the Philly Cheesesteak wrap with fries. It comes with peppers and onions, but you can request a change. The wrap is a nice change from large rolls if you are watching your carbs. The fries are steak style with lots of potatoey goodness inside.

The location is very close to the mall, but easy to find down a side street.

Visited September 2013