“Great Stay”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Clinton, Massachusetts
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Our room at the Best Western in Clarksburg, WV, was not available, so we had to travel an extra 20 minutes to this hotel. Worth the extra time and money for the travel weary

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Carolann240

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Columbus. Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I'm a priority club platinum member, so I often find that Holiday Inns willingly honor my requests, like getting a room near an elevator. I checked in last night with a colleague. Our reservations were made at least 6 weeks ago, with a request for rooms on a low floor, close together, near the elevator. We were given rooms on the 2d and top floors. When I asked about getting rooms closer together, I was told, "We're full. Nothing else is available." They were booked solid for this night six weeks ago? When we went to breakfast in the morning, we saw no one working the breakfast area. Typically HIE provides fresh fruit. There was one bruised brown banana. Typically the cereal bins are full. I struggled to get half a bowl. Usually the coffee pots are full. All the ones on the front line were empty. I opened a back-up to get fresh coffee. In short, the accommodations were very nice. But the service left something to be desired.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank peebs777
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bridgeport, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear peebs777,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Member and leaving your feedback. I am pleased you liked the room accommodations. I am sorry we were not able to honor your requests during this stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Clean, comfortable and beautiful. Loved our 2 day stay here.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank FCompton
krissy g, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bridgeport, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us such postive feedback. We are always looking for feedback from our guests so that we can continue to do all we can in providing excellent service. I am glad you had a great stay and hope to see you again!
Powhatan Point
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed here for several weeks while my husband was working nearby. Very clean and quiet hotel. Front desk staff and cleaning crew were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fine, although I do wish they had a waffle maker instead of the pancake maker.

Room Tip: Usually we had no problem, but one night the people above us had children who ran and stomped a litt...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Linda R
We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.
We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make our hotel a leader in excellence.
Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.
Greenville SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Very nice Express - rooms are well appointed, Wi-Fi works well even on the wings of the buildings. When guests let their doors close, it can be heard all the way down the hallway (guests should know better at 5am) and the floors vibrate - but it's a hotel. Continental Breakfast was more than coffee and donuts. Comfortable beds with a variety of pillows. Wonderful shower. Near FBI Headquarters and new hospital. Also had indoor pool.

Room Tip: request a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TrvlMstr32
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed here once because I have been a long time platinum priority club member eventhough the govt rate was slightly above our allowed per diem on travel. I had planned on staying again but found out that they had raised there govt rate even further above the local per diem rate requiring military and govt travelers to have to pay even more out of pocket when other local chains will match the per diem for the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank priority_club_trvlr
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I am sorry we fell short to meet your rate requirments. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Warren, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

My family and I love to stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotels. This experience was a nightmare! Management allowed children to do somersaults in the hot tub, use water guns to squirt adults outside the pool. The children ran the hallways until after 11:00 pm. Our complaints to the front desk were ignored. I called to speak with a manager three times before I spoke with one. I was informed that they have no control over children when their parents are present and the hotel is not responsible. Not only did I have to pull my child from the pool, we could not enjoy the hot tub. At breakfast their was a glass window between the pool area and eating area. The same children were spitting on the window. Finally an employee in the area asked them to stop. I no longer will feel safe staying at Holiday Inns if they have no control as to what goes on in their building.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family