“Under Construction”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Under Construction”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times in the past few years for business. Hotel is finally getting a much needed update. Mattresses in the room I was in was brand new and quite comfy. Staff has been upgraded since my last visit as well. Wonderful new crop of front desk personnel. The lady that takes care of breakfast is the same and she was fabulous as usual. This hotel has also been made a non-smoking hotel. While this is wonderful, the old 'smoking' rooms still smell like stale smoke. Not certain there is anything that can be done about that but it would be helpful. I was in a handicap access room, however, there was nothing accessible about the room. Quite small and would have been difficult to navigate had I been confined to a wheelchair. I also found that the toilet in the bathroom was sooooo close to the wall and that again, had I been in a wheel chair it would have been impossible to navigate. Even as a NON handicapped individual, I managed to sustain a nasty bruise from the fowl rack that was situated way to close to the toilet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Allison R
RachelToothmanGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to go on trip advisor, We value each and every comment so we can strive to meet and exceed our guests expectation. We have updated our rooms to the Design to dream by choice hotels for the sleep inn brand. Our breakfast attendant has been here for several years, we adore her and she is a wonderful asset to this property. I apologize our handicap room was not up to your expectations. I will be looking into the placement of the towel bar and repositioning it to prevent further injuries in the future. We do hope you are feeling better. Thank you for being a valued guest and we hope to see you again on your travels to this area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Caledonia, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2014

stayed here on our way south for one night. Were put up in one of the newly renovated rooms and found it exceptionally comfortable - especially the new beds. The staff were very accommodating and we had ordered pizza for our dinner from Dominos which was very good quality and value. We have our 2 dogs with us and the staff made us feel very welcome. Breakfast was good and the staff there are very pleasant and helpful. The only problem we had was our GPS took us totally out of the way - we ended up driving up a one way country lane way - thanks heavens we met up with a local who told us that even tour buses end up on this road) do not rely on your GPS for directions to this hotel (it has a Bridgeport address but Clarksburg is on the other side of the road)!!
Call the hotel for proper exit directions

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
RachelToothmanGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your wonderful comments on tripadvisor. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our mission here at the Sleep Inn Bridgeport WV is to treat our guests like family. Your doggies were exceptionally well behaved and beautiful, happy to hear they enjoyed it as well. We do apologize for the gps, I am working on getting that corrected. We look forward to seeing you on your return trip and hearing all about your trip. Again thank you so much.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This sleep inn hotel is located close to many restaurants,shopping centers, walmart,sams club, etc.
Located by the intersection between route 79 and 50, within walking distance of most restaurants and stores. The stuff is very friendly,free breakfast, includes bacon,eggs,hard boiled eggs, yogurt,cereal, toast,donuts, buns, orange,apple and cranberry juice.
the rooms are of a descent size, nice and clean but none of them have a bath tub, just showers.

Room Tip: Would recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank HDDR311
RachelToothmanGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We strive to make each and every guest feel comfortable and feel like family. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have two rooms with bath tubs, they are our handicap rooms on the first floor. We hope to meet your lodging needs in the future. Again, Thank you and glad you enjoyed.
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Okay so the hotel is being renovated and day shift housekeeping could definitely improve however the other staff is awesome, the new beds are so comfy and breakfast served by the one and only Ruth is exactly what you need on a cold morning! The rate is comparable to every other local hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RachelToothmanGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your review, it means a lot to us to get feedback from our guests. We are doing some remodeling and the hotel will look wonderful when it is done. Thank you for advising me of our housekeeping staff, I will be looking into this. Glad you enjoyed your breakfast, Ruth is an exceptional employee and we are happy to hear your comment about her. We hope to meet your lodging needs in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.
Acworth, Georgia, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I had to stay at this hotel for about a month and a half. It would have been unbearable if it hadn't been for the staff. From managers to front desk staff to the housekeepers, all were wonderful! Since I had to stay for so long I needed to make my room feel more like my own. For me, that meant doing some things myself, and having some items taken out of my room. Quirky? Yes. And they were absolutely wonderful about it. Everyone took the time to learn my habits and be accomadating and helpful. I was treated as a friend by just about everyone and made to feel very comfortable. All I had to do was ask for something and they would go out of their way to get it. The only time I had a problem was when a new person started at the front desk and was acting very inappropriate. When the managers heard about it, they immediately took care of the problem. How amazing is that! It's a rarity, now-a-days, to have problems taken care of that swiftly. They had renovations happening almost the whole time I was there, and yet they made sure to never make it an inconvinience. It was more fun then anything. They would ask when it would be best to get into my room to change something, then I'd go to my room after and get to see what new things had been put in my room. My room just got better and better. The king size bed I had was seriously comfortable. I've always had trouble sleeping in hotels, but the bed was so comfy it became less of an issue for me. I am definitely spoiled by this hotel. I have gone back to Bridgeport once more since my month and a half stay, and I stayed at the Sleep Inn again. It felt more like going to stay with friends then at a hotel. I just want to say thanks, again, to everyone there. Both Rachels, Heather, Debbie, Shelly, Becky, and everyone else, thanks so much for making my stay something I remember with a smile. You know I'll always stay with you guys when I'm back in West Virginia.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RachelToothmanGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your feed back on your stay with us. We strive to make everyone feel at home here. We are so glad you enjoyed everything about your stay and that you will stay with us in the future. So happy to be your home away from home. See you in the future.
Berea, Kentucky
Reviewed October 17, 2013

...then this hotel would be just fine--a bit small--but just fine. But a hotel is not just a room--it is a home away from home, a getaway, and an office space for those of us who travel for work. After reading mostly positive reviews about this hotel and comparing it to the more expensive ones around--I felt confident in staying here, although I never stay at Sleep Inns. The disappointment has been all mine. To begin with, the upkeep outside is severely lacking. The potholes in the parking lot, the desperate need of a paint job, the poor lighting, and the mysterious semi trailer parked in front blocking half of the entrance (that has since remained there for the duration of my week stay) all made me a little nervous about checking in late at night. And then I was greeted with the rudest welcome I have yet received at a hotel. Between her massive gulps of her extra large cup of soda, she all but insulted me for my presumption that I could present my tax exempt status upon check-in and receive my tax exemption. She was rude and belittling. I spend 50-100 night in hotels per year for business and I have always, always presented by tax exempt forms upon check-in. She offered no help and no explanation. She was simply rude. I'm not sure if they are employees, friends of employees, or shady guests, but the entrance is constantly swarmed by smokers suffocating guests as they come and go. This is a very unappealing hotel with a very lacking staff. And that doesn't even mention the traffic! The hotel is within walking distance of a number of chain restaurants and stores--but do not try to walk to them! There is no sidewalk or pedestrian accessibility, and the traffic is bizarrely horrible. I would sooner jump in a shark tank than try to walk across the main road a block away, and navigating it in a car is almost as bad. I would recommend not staying at any hotel on this exit until the infrastructure is improved--and certainly not this Sleep Inn!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank adamotroy
RachelToothmanGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I would like to address some of your concerns: The trailer out front is for storage, we are going through a full renovation. I sincerely apologize for the treatment you received upon check in. This is not our normal practice and we will make sure this is taken care of properly so this does not happen again. I will be looking into the smoking issue and make sure it is resolved, We are so sorry you had a bad experience and do hope in the future you will give us a second chance to make things right for you. I'm available 24/7 if you stay again and have any issues, please get ahold of me and I will personally see that things are taken care of immediately. Thank you again for your comments.

Travelers are raving about these Bridgeport hotels

Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had to postpone my trip andthe staff and manager (Rachel) were exceptionally accomodating. When I arrived, I had been on the road all day and was clearly tired and sore. The front desk staff (Crystal) must have read my mind and offered to help me get all my stuff to my room. She was an absolute DOLL!

I came into the most comfortable king size bed EVER! Every shift change has brought energetic and cheerful staff and the breakfast lady couldn't be sweeter, nor can she be any cuter. She makes contact with every single guest to make sure they are getting what they need.

The room is spotless, even though they are going through renovations.

West Virginia is known for its nice people, but the folks here are so friendly and as busy as they are, they have a smile for you.

I travel for business, and I found my home away from home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your "wonderful" stay with us. We strive to give the best customer service. So glad you enjoyed your rest on our new king beds. We hope to see you again when you return to your "home, away from home".
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Sutton Inn
Sutton Inn
#2 of 3 in Clarksburg
TownePlace Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Best Western Plus Bridgeport Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!