“if a hotel were just a room”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Berea, Kentucky
“if a hotel were just a room”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

...then this hotel would be just fine--a bit small--but just fine. But a hotel is not just a room--it is a home away from home, a getaway, and an office space for those of us who travel for work. After reading mostly positive reviews about this hotel and comparing it to the more expensive ones around--I felt confident in staying here, although I never stay at Sleep Inns. The disappointment has been all mine. To begin with, the upkeep outside is severely lacking. The potholes in the parking lot, the desperate need of a paint job, the poor lighting, and the mysterious semi trailer parked in front blocking half of the entrance (that has since remained there for the duration of my week stay) all made me a little nervous about checking in late at night. And then I was greeted with the rudest welcome I have yet received at a hotel. Between her massive gulps of her extra large cup of soda, she all but insulted me for my presumption that I could present my tax exempt status upon check-in and receive my tax exemption. She was rude and belittling. I spend 50-100 night in hotels per year for business and I have always, always presented by tax exempt forms upon check-in. She offered no help and no explanation. She was simply rude. I'm not sure if they are employees, friends of employees, or shady guests, but the entrance is constantly swarmed by smokers suffocating guests as they come and go. This is a very unappealing hotel with a very lacking staff. And that doesn't even mention the traffic! The hotel is within walking distance of a number of chain restaurants and stores--but do not try to walk to them! There is no sidewalk or pedestrian accessibility, and the traffic is bizarrely horrible. I would sooner jump in a shark tank than try to walk across the main road a block away, and navigating it in a car is almost as bad. I would recommend not staying at any hotel on this exit until the infrastructure is improved--and certainly not this Sleep Inn!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank adamotroy
RachelToothmanGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I would like to address some of your concerns: The trailer out front is for storage, we are going through a full renovation. I sincerely apologize for the treatment you received upon check in. This is not our normal practice and we will make sure this is taken care of properly so this does not happen again. I will be looking into the smoking issue and make sure it is resolved, We are so sorry you had a bad experience and do hope in the future you will give us a second chance to make things right for you. I'm available 24/7 if you stay again and have any issues, please get ahold of me and I will personally see that things are taken care of immediately. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had to postpone my trip andthe staff and manager (Rachel) were exceptionally accomodating. When I arrived, I had been on the road all day and was clearly tired and sore. The front desk staff (Crystal) must have read my mind and offered to help me get all my stuff to my room. She was an absolute DOLL!

I came into the most comfortable king size bed EVER! Every shift change has brought energetic and cheerful staff and the breakfast lady couldn't be sweeter, nor can she be any cuter. She makes contact with every single guest to make sure they are getting what they need.

The room is spotless, even though they are going through renovations.

West Virginia is known for its nice people, but the folks here are so friendly and as busy as they are, they have a smile for you.

I travel for business, and I found my home away from home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your "wonderful" stay with us. We strive to give the best customer service. So glad you enjoyed your rest on our new king beds. We hope to see you again when you return to your "home, away from home".
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Ok room was clean and staff was friendly bed was cozy.Price was ok could be lower. Hotel clean but needs to be upgraded.I think 80 plus tax would be better price just saying.For a short stay it worked.

• Stayed September 2013
RachelToothmanGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Kristen G.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We value our guests comments. We are in the process of upgrading our property. We hope your next trip with us will be for a much longer stay. We try to keep our pricing to meet the needs of everyday travelers like yourself. With your feed back I will review our pricing. Again, Thank you for taking the time to do a survey, we hope to meet your lodging needs in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

During a 5 night stay here, our room was not cleaned two of the nights. It seems that if you are not out of your room by 8am or so, housekeeping doesn't come back around. They do however find time to take multiple smoke breaks right outside the back guest entrance. The manager did make a small rate adjustment, but what I needed was a clean room.

The ONE SHINING STAR is the lady who manages the breakfast area. She is a gem! Very friendly & caring. Her name is Ruth and I thank her for her kindness.

Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We apologize for the issues you experienced while you were here. It is not our normal practice for housekeeping to come to a room that early, We will be checking into this and making sure it does not happen again. We will also work on the smoking breaks. We again apologize for your issues you experienced , I want to thank you for bringing everything to my attention. Hope to meet your lodging needs in the future.
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a basic hotel. It's clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms are nice and have all the things a person that works on the road would need. Clean bed, fast wifi, microwave and fridge, nice tv, and a nice breakfast to get you going in the morning.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Dru H
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed a week on business. The property was very well kept up and the housekeeping and front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and professional. As a former chain hotel manager my expectations were high, and they were met at this location. Shower was super hot and water pressure was great. The linens were soft and they use 5 of those super soft pillows like the fancy hotels use, what a pleasant surprise. Laundry room was clean and the in room iron worked great.

Room Tip: reserve early, I was 1st floor by the front desk area, awesome location