“mid-way point of vacation destination”

Super 8 Bridgeport/Clarksburg Area
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheryl H

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed here about 6 months ago on business as I wanted to get Wyndham points and it was terrible. Not much has changed. Internet is a must when I am in a hotel as I have to order various things every evening. The internet was crawling anytime I tried to use it, and the lady at the front desk said I should use my phone....and that she would check with the manager in the morning as she didn't know anything about it (that doesn't help me out for the night I am staying there). The rooms are subpar. This is obviously a site where another older hotel was and Super 8 changed the signs and rolled with it. Carpets were filthy and stained. The paint on the interior doors was chipped. They actually painted the doors during my stay (I was there 2 nights) and the paint fumes were bad. The towels were clean, but had seen their better days. I know that $80/night isn't as pricey as a lot of hotels, but $30/night would have been too much for this place. Let me say that I have stayed in numerous Super 8's and this isn't the norm....but I was VERY disappointed in this one. Won't be back and feel a refund should be in order. One last thing that certainly isn't a deal breaker, but this is the first hotel I have stayed in (for a long time) that still has the real old box TV's. Most have upgraded to flat screen (including all other Super 8's I have stayed at).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan C
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Room was missing chair last week room114. Mattresses were not very comfortable. Everyone in our group complained about them. There was an odor in room 108.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stopped over here on the way south on a road trip to Florida. Cheap enough place to stay with decent room. Room was pretty good. Clean place with comfortable beds for a good night's sleep. My son (10) was a little nervous as some of the clientele seemed a little unsalubrious. I would definitely stay here again if I was passing through WV. There's a Burger King and a diner right next door as well as a gas station. Close to the interstate and a very well situation option for one night. Breakfast was included in the price but to say that the options were limited would be an understatement. There weren't even any polystyrene cups for coffee left when we got down there. Pre-packed donuts and a few other rather unappetising cold items were all there was. We live in an era where budget hotels are all offering breakfast. In this instance it is barely lip service to the first meal of the day. Having said that, we weren't bothered as with tax we'd only $78 for the night. It was worth that!

Check in was at world record speed, and the staff were friendly enough.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My family and I make the trek to Morgantown (4 hours away) often due to my son's doctor appointments at Ruby Memorial. We find it easier to break the trip up into an overnight stay rather than dragging 3 kids there and back in one day. We usually opt for the neighboring hotel because it has an indoor pool but this trip I was able to redeem wyndham rewards points for a free night at Super 8. After reading reviews I was kind of nervous about it but we went for it anyway. Upon arriving, the parking lot was packed with construction workers which the hotel regularly houses. I instantly knew we were going to hear the noise and commotion of all 40-50 crew workers but to my surprise, we didn't hear a noise out of them once we were in our room. Check-in was a breeze and upon entering our room I went right to my "cleanliness" scan. The beds were very clean as was the bathroom. The bathroom was very small and the sink was outside of the bathroom. The tv was wired straight into the wall so we had to get up each time we wanted to turn it on/off which was fine until I had my daughter asleep on me and needed to turn it off that night. The beds are on the smaller size. My husband and I both had to share our beds with kids which made for zero wiggle room. I have no major complaints about this property. It was actually much cleaner than most high-end hotels. It was a pleasant trip and I'll most likely continue my stays here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Wife and I were returning from DC and had decided to stop halfway home to Ohio. We located this location while searching the net. Upon arrival looked at Motel and saw a typical Super 8 but was surprised at the lobby area. It was well kept and clean. The desk clerk was friendly and we checked in quickly. Upon entering room we noticed it was again typical for a low priced motel, but surprising clean and comfortable. Bed was also comfortable. Room was an older room and had microwave and refrigerator. Good value and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dcnew99
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The charge for our double room was $51.10 + tax per night and the pet fee was $25.00. Absolutely ridiculous fee!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bob b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport
Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg
Sutton Inn
Sutton Inn
#2 of 3 in Clarksburg
TownePlace Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Hampton Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg
Comfort Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg

Been to Super 8 Bridgeport/Clarksburg Area? Share your experiences!