“a few problems”

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
HUNTINGTON
“a few problems”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Room was missing chair last week room114. Mattresses were not very comfortable. Everyone in our group complained about them. There was an odor in room 108.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West Lothian, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stopped over here on the way south on a road trip to Florida. Cheap enough place to stay with decent room. Room was pretty good. Clean place with comfortable beds for a good night's sleep. My son (10) was a little nervous as some of the clientele seemed a little unsalubrious. I would definitely stay here again if I was passing through WV. There's a Burger King and a diner right next door as well as a gas station. Close to the interstate and a very well situation option for one night. Breakfast was included in the price but to say that the options were limited would be an understatement. There weren't even any polystyrene cups for coffee left when we got down there. Pre-packed donuts and a few other rather unappetising cold items were all there was. We live in an era where budget hotels are all offering breakfast. In this instance it is barely lip service to the first meal of the day. Having said that, we weren't bothered as with tax we'd only $78 for the night. It was worth that!

Check in was at world record speed, and the staff were friendly enough.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Indore
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My family and I make the trek to Morgantown (4 hours away) often due to my son's doctor appointments at Ruby Memorial. We find it easier to break the trip up into an overnight stay rather than dragging 3 kids there and back in one day. We usually opt for the neighboring hotel because it has an indoor pool but this trip I was able to redeem wyndham rewards points for a free night at Super 8. After reading reviews I was kind of nervous about it but we went for it anyway. Upon arriving, the parking lot was packed with construction workers which the hotel regularly houses. I instantly knew we were going to hear the noise and commotion of all 40-50 crew workers but to my surprise, we didn't hear a noise out of them once we were in our room. Check-in was a breeze and upon entering our room I went right to my "cleanliness" scan. The beds were very clean as was the bathroom. The bathroom was very small and the sink was outside of the bathroom. The tv was wired straight into the wall so we had to get up each time we wanted to turn it on/off which was fine until I had my daughter asleep on me and needed to turn it off that night. The beds are on the smaller size. My husband and I both had to share our beds with kids which made for zero wiggle room. I have no major complaints about this property. It was actually much cleaner than most high-end hotels. It was a pleasant trip and I'll most likely continue my stays here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Newark, Ohio
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Wife and I were returning from DC and had decided to stop halfway home to Ohio. We located this location while searching the net. Upon arrival looked at Motel and saw a typical Super 8 but was surprised at the lobby area. It was well kept and clean. The desk clerk was friendly and we checked in quickly. Upon entering room we noticed it was again typical for a low priced motel, but surprising clean and comfortable. Bed was also comfortable. Room was an older room and had microwave and refrigerator. Good value and pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dcnew99
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The charge for our double room was $51.10 + tax per night and the pet fee was $25.00. Absolutely ridiculous fee!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bob b
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This place was pretty good for an extended stay visit. They have a washer-dryer in the breezeway and my room had both a microwave and a mini refrigerator. The hotel is very close to the highway, several restaurants, stores and gas stations.

Their continental breakfast was a little disappointing: bagels, doughnuts, cereal, coffee and juice, but nothing was old or stale.

My room was clean except for the floor. The carpet was filthy and I was sure to wear socks all the time, including as soon as I exited the shower.

The ladies at the front desk were really sweet and gave me great directions around town.

Room Tip: If you're staying for a while, specifically ask for a room with a microwave and a refrigerator...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ErmMac
Wardensville, WV
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Very high price for what was offered ($92.00 for four people), but it might have been because it was a WVU football week-end. The room was too small to fit in a roll-a-way bed conveniently, and the bathtub was small. The bed was very large and comfortable, and the this motel is conveniently located to a nearby shopping center..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport
Sutton Inn
Sutton Inn
#2 of 3 in Clarksburg
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Hampton Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bridgeport

Been to Super 8 Bridgeport/Clarksburg Area? Share your experiences!