“Not What I Expected, Poor Choice”

Best Western Plus Bridgeport Inn
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Spotsylvania, Virginia
“Not What I Expected, Poor Choice”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was in town for a conference and had selected the hotel for the services, like room service and because of the reviews that I had read.

I really depend on reviews when chosing a hotel in a city when traveling for business. You need to be able to rest well, be safe and have decent food to be ready for a busy day with clients.

This hotel is very old, the bed was very uncomfortable and lumpy. The old in-room airconditioners were very loud and never cooled the room and the weather was in the 90s that week.

The halls are extremely long and take a very long time to get to the lobby. This hotel layout was two stories and halls around a courtyard. There were many entrances, mine was near the back of the property and you had to take luggage and computer bags up the stairs.

It was almost completely full of work trucks and crews of men staying at this hotel. As a woman business traveler, I was not comfortable entering and walking through this hotel.

The room service food was perhaps the worst that I have experienced in twenty years of traveling for business. Limited menu and I was told by staff that the selections were frozen and could not be changed. They were out of the two selections that seemed to be the best choices.

I want the next traveler to be informed and make a better choice than I did.
This is not the hotel for families or business travelers. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, all the rooms are old. Stay away from the rooms along the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My fiancé was approached by a random man in the middle of the night when she went to get a soda. The man asked if she was a prostitute and propositioned her. The man was sitting in the BW laudry room near an exit where the staff washes linens.

We told the manager the next day and she denied it was an employee. She also said that prostitutes frequently come to the BW.

I did not feel safe at the BW, and would not advice women and children to stay. Most of the guys that stay at the BW are rough necks, and the manager indicated that's who calls for prostitutes.

While our room was fine, and everyone was nice, I don't believe that what happened to us was a isolated incident and I don't think this hotel is safe.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Notsafehotel
moundsville, wv
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have been staying at this particular hotel for the past five years on several occasions due to required training for my employment and the best thing that this hotel has going for it is it's staff. They are absolutely excellent and have always gone above and beyond what is expected of them. From the front desk, room attendants, maintenance staff, restaurant and bar staff, the are, by far, the best crew of employees that I have ever encountered. Five stars to the staff!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Smoking room windows should be open a bit more. The floors with smoking rooms are REALLY smokey!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The halls were a little dirty so we were worried as we walked to our room. However we were pleased that the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel had a small gym with basic equipment.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 31, 2012

On Friday when we arrived, they had us booked in a room with a king size bed. There were no double rooms available, so they moved us to a room with a queen sized bed and brought a roll away bed. On Saturday, when we returned to the room in the evening, it had not been cleaned. When we called the front desk to inquire why, she said that she would "check the log." Never got any feedback from her. The next afternoon, when we returned to the room about 5:30pm, it had not been cleaned. After we had been there a while, the maid finally came by. The tv was horrible, the picture kept going from dark to light. Overall, I definitely didn't feel like it was worth the money that we were charged. There was a refridgerator and microwave in the room, which was nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on May 23, 2012 with my husband and 5 year old. On our very frist impression it was not a good one. Upon check-in, the employees at the front desk seem totally disinterested and bothered that we disturbed their conversation. Needless to say we did not feel welcomed.

Our room consisted of 2 queen beds, a large flat screen TV, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a very very small bathroom. The room itself was very cramed, there was barely enough room for the 3 of us, let alone our luggage bags. Also the beds and the pillows were the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced, and I have travelled extensively worldwide! Also the linens on the beds were very rough and consisted of a very thin duvet (if you can call it that!). None of us including my 5 year old had a good sleep due to how uncomfortable the beds and pillows were.
The last and final thing that really contributed to our negative experience was that we noted in the morning when there was more light coming through the window of how dirty and stained all the carpet was in the room. I then checked the bottom of my five year old feet and was horrified to see they were black with dirt from the carpet! I immediately washed her and my feet prior to check-out.
Upon check-out no one even bothered to ask how our stay was. I guess that's because they already know the answer.
I'm sorry to say, but I really would not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel even for just one night as we had. It was such terrible experience that I cancelled our return trip reservation at this hotel and opted to pay $50 more for a better establishment.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PBLToronto
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We were aiming for a place a little further south but tiredness set in and we opted for this establishment. Good move!!
The reception people were great, the room was clean and comfortable and the in-house restaurant was a great place to eat. We wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Torontax
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg
TownePlace Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg
Hampton Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg

Been to Best Western Plus Bridgeport Inn? Share your experiences!