“Maggie on the fly”

Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bridgeport
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I reserved my room online 2 weeks before my stay. My husband works out of town, so my kids & I were going to spend the weekend with him. I reseved a smoking " king , 2 double beds hot tub suite". I chose this room and hotel for the beds,space, and smoking room. There are multiple hotels to choose from in the area, but pretty much all of them are nonsmoking rooms. The hotel called me the day before check in to inform me that there was no hot tub in the room, in fact, no rooms in the entire hotel have hot tubs. This was disappointing, but that was not a requirement of the room. When we got to the room, I noticed there were no ashtrays. I went to the front desk and asked the man about that. He then told me it was a nonsmoking room and that the website had not been updated. He offered me a change to a smoking room, which were all too small for my family. The room was also not a suite, it was one room with 3 beds, and a bathroom. I was stuck staying in this room, but the man did give me a $20 per night discount,which I felt was not near enough for the fact that everything the room advertised to be online was false. It was nota smoking hot tub suite! The room did have a very outdated dirty Jacuzzi tub that I would not even let my 9 year old son take a bath in because it was brown with soap scum in all the jets. The room had cracks along the tops of all the walls, stick bugs crawling around ( found one crawling on my jacket), & paint drips down the doors from painting of the walls. My youngest son wanted to go to the indoor pool, when getting there, there were stink bugs in the pool, crawling on the walls, & the water was hot(which is a petri dish for disease & bacteria), the pool bottom was rough & sharp & the drain in the bottom had very sharp edges. When checking out, the woman at the desk was on the phone the whole time talking about a man who just left & said he would not be back & stated that the list of things wrong was to long to name. She then went on to say "he wasn't very nice anyways". All this while I am checking out, & she never spoke a word to me, not even to ask how my stay was. I was disappointed with the hotel, room, & staff. I go about every 2 weeks for the weekend to see my husband, but I will never stay at Days Inn again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your two nights stay with us. As customer service is very important to us we do try to inform our guest of any misinformation or alerts for our hotel. As we continually monitor our Days Inn site advertising when we see there was incorrect information on the site we immediately called the Wyndham Corporate of our findings, so that they could correct the information. With their policy we must contact them of any changes such as, when we closed the pool last spring to do painting and install the ASME/ANSE Certified drain cover, putting rooms out of order for any length of time, etc. Sometimes it does takes them longer than anticipated to correct or alert guest that view the sight. We then give each guest, which has reservations, a personal call so that may be informed personally.
We do realize that we cannot keep all insects out of the hotel we do take all precautions such as installing new energy efficient windows with screen, placing screens around all AC/Heating units, and working closely with our pest management team.
As, we like to ask each guest about their stay when they depart the clerk that was working the morning of your departure sends her sincere apology that she could not step away from the phone while speaking with a company supervisor about one of his employees. I have also spoken with the housekeeping staff and the importance of making sure all guest rooms are clean and sparkling.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Best Western Plus Bridgeport Inn
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#12 of 14 in Bridgeport

Been to Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg? Share your experiences!